• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 02, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmwkrill

displayname
Charles Matthew Wayne Krill
Hmm.. I feel overlooked. (not really, I just felt like saying it. That is the teenager shining through.) BTW!!! CONGRATZ ON THE 169!!!!!!!

Wayne I wished we lived closer I think we would be good friends seems we think alike alot

I do have a 149 roller doner for hydraulc lift, but I am not sure if I will put on at this point. It may become the winter snow pusher.

Does anyone have opinions on pushing snow with manual lift vs hydro lift

Jeff, I gotta' say go with the Hydro lift. With the curve on the blade lifting with a strong arm can sometime be a b---h!

JEFF - I'm with TOM, Hyd lift beats Armstrong lift any day pushing snow.

With Hydro Harry's assistance I picked up a 50" inch deck today for my new to me 169.. Seems I owe thanks to him also for the 169! :cool:

I'm liking the idea of hydraulics for hoisting attachments! Tell me (us) more! Please!?!?

Sometimes you have to take slow progress over no progress!
239608.jpg

Jeff-

I think you ought to outdo Hydro Harry now and really make it shine. The only difference is I'd USE IT! I'm all for the hydro and it's good you have the 149 doner. Heck, you could even install the manual lift back on the 149 in case you ever wanted to sell it. It looks to be a nice winter project perhaps.

I'm jealous now; it's the only 1x9 I lack (so you've known that feeling).

Jeff congrats on the 169. That Jerry is a true collecter don't you think?

Jeff good find.you will definitly like the hydraulic lift for front blade use on your 169. Somewhere i got the idea that all 169s came with a ported pump from the factory. But with the crs i may be wrong.If you pull the tunnel cover let us know. I have a friend that has a 169 manual lift from the dealer and he was wanting me to help him with installing a hydraulic lift.

Wyatt,
Hope it goes together well, I'm looking forward to seeing the red 71-123 series.

You guys are too nice, or "laying it on" too thick! It's good to see it go to a good home. So many tractors, so little time!

Jerry-

It takes a good guy to give up something so treasured. You and I both know Jeff will be/is happy as a mule eatin' briars.

Jeff-

Check and see (if you haven't) whether it has a ported pump or not. Thinking about it made me think that IH wouldn't/(shouldn't) have offered the tractor without the correct pump. I can't remember the reason for the midstream switch but if it wasn't the pump then it should have been offered but with the ports plugged for easy conversion later.

Wayne
It has the ported pump. Looking at your profile you have an impressive herd!

Could someone measure the clearance from the Very rear of the axle rail to the oilpan on thier Quietline?

239611.jpg

I unwittingly forgot to measure this myself before I pulled the engine...
facepalm.gif

Clark-

Since I happen to be working on a QL I'll check the distance in the morning. Nature is turning out the lights for tonight here.

Jeff-

Most of your hydraulic problems have been solved automatically (sp). You're practically pushing snow as we speak.

Hey guys- I was just browsing CC Specialties, and, though I hate to tell someone not to go to a sponsor for a part.. If you need a coil-to-plug wire, go to the local Town and Country or Farm and Home and buy a four-cylinder spark plug rewiring kit. For the same price (about $15) you get four spark plug wires instead of 1.

Charles Matthew Wayne Krill

Think of this this way , If it was not for the sponsors there would be NO site to post on !

Thanks Charlie and all Sponsors !

Charles K.

I've got a great idea!

I'll build you a website to list Cub parts on and you can give parts and plug wires away for what you pay for them or better yet, send'um out for free, yea, that's the ticket!

CHARLES - We've discussed plug wires here a couple times. I personally run Accel solid conductor wire with the yellow silicon jacket on all my tractors. Like you say, I bought a "custom fit yourself V8 kit" that you cut to length and crimp your ends on and did my 4 cyl Super H, and a bunch of CC's. But that plug wire kit from Accel costs a BUNCH more than $15 like CCS charges. So CCS is about right @ $15/ea.

The cheap carbon resistor core plug wires don't work well on Kohlers. Too much vibration and the carbon cracks, settles out and resistance goes WAY up. There's new spiral core wires now, think they're made MSD, supposed to have Zero to 1 ohm of reistance per foot of wire, about like solid copper, but I haven't tried them yet, even though SON's old set is sitting under the bench.

Sadly, the BEST set of plug wires I EVER had, forget what brand they were, looked just like Accel's, but the yellow silicon insulation was the full thickness over the solid copper conductor, not just the thin layer over the other insulation. But they got traded off with my first car, they wouldn't fit my new car with GM's HEI ignition.

Hey now.. Some people- like this teenager -try to save money on some things so we can buy more important parts from the sponsors. I'm just a young guy, guys, and I know that any tips I get on how to stretch a buck help. I do thank God for this site- and the sponsors -I'm just postin' my mind. Sorry, y'all. Figured it might help somebody on a budget.

Latest posts

Back