• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 28, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Well,
I think I just stuck my neck out and bought something to pull my cubs to the tractor shows with.
Is this off topic?
dunno.gif

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 135
There's room in the IH Cub Haulers topic, but it is OTF too!

Jerry,

It will be about 2-3 months before I get it, so there are no pics for the Cub Haulers section.
I had to order it.

Scott,

No, it is Stone Blue Metallic with chrome.
Notice I said "something to pull."
err.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 144
No, it's not a Ford.
It will look a whole lot like this:

316417.png

Description:
2018' GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, Crew Cab, Standard bed, Stone Blue Metallic, 4WD, 6.2L engine, Premium Plus Package, Max Trailering Package.

Attachments

• 316417.png
    316417.png
    81 KB · Views: 180
  • 316417.png
    316417.png
    81 KB · Views: 155
I am pretty sure it is a 1/2 ton.
I believe the 2500 series is the 3/4 ton.

The one I am ordering has the 6.2L engine along with the Max Trailering Package, which will give it a 11,700 Lb. towing capacity.
That ought to tow enough cubs down the road!
err.gif

P.S. Every 1/2 ton Ford I looked at had either a four or six cylinder engine in it. They don't even offer a larger V8 in a half ton.
I am not knocking Ford, just wanted more umph under the hood without turbocharging.

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 138
Marty,

Good choice. Power to pull with smooth 1/2 ton ride.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 140
Since no one else has much today except Marty and his fancy new truck!
thumbsup.gif

Made a wrong turn the other day on the 250A with the flail mower in tow and POW!!!
I gotta make the sway chains just a tad shorter!
So I had to make up another PTO shaft for the ole beast.
316420.jpg

And the yokes are out of sync due to the lack of paying attention at the time of welding, LOL

Attachments

• 316420.jpg
    316420.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 130
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 141
  • 316420.jpg
    316420.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 150
Wonder if I can get some work done on my 100 tomorrow without getting stung?
angry.gif

Attachments

• angry.gif
    angry.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 138
Marty, Last brand new GM vehicle I bought started falling apart on the test drive and kept falling apart for 82,000 miles. Had the car just over 4 years, would have been cheaper to rent a Car!
I'll never own another GM anything.

You need to research more before going to your dealers. FORD puts a 395 hp 5.0 L V-8 in F-150's. The BIG engine is the 3.5L V-6 Ecoboost, 450 HP.

And don't knock Ecoboost till you drive one. WE bought the Wife a 2015 Edge with NA 3.5L V-6. She complained it was a dog! Ford bought that one back and we got the same thing, '15 Edge with a few more options and a 2.0L 4 cyl Ecoboost. It gets right around 1 mph better mileage and accelerates up hills without downshifting, the V-6 with 40 more HP would have had to drop 2-3 gears and run up them at 5000-6000 rpm to keep up.

Every car and truck I own is turbocharged. They are nothing to be afraid of. My '96 F-250 PSD has 305,000 totally trouble-free miles on it. My 2006 Volvo 2.5L 5-cylinder turbo has 145,000 trouble-free miles. I'll never own a car without a turbo again.

I agree with Dennis on the Ecoboost, and turbocharged engines in general.

Dad had a 2012 F-150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4 and really like the truck. Last fall, right before the Gatlinburg fires he traded the 12 in on an Aluminum 2016 F-150 SuperCrew 2.7 EB 4x4. He likes the new truck very much. He only pulls his Cubs on a trailer any more (he has "retired" from boating which was the only heavy thing he towed). He towed his 782 on his 12' Cronkite trailer with both the 12 and the 16. His only complaint with the 16 was the "cheap, soft tires" it came with. No power complaints, and he gets over 20MPG with it. It's his daily driver, 99.9% of the time if they are not home, he is in the truck. He has replaced the tires with a much better set and is very happy with the truck.

If we need to tow anything heavy, we use one of my trucks, normally my 03 6.0 PSD powered Excursion.... it loves to tow!!!!!

Even though there's not much Cub stuff going on, is there a reason we've moved OTF to OTS?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 153
Get em' Charlie!
bottom.gif
err.gif

Hooray!
Finally got to work on my Cub Cadet 100 without getting bee stung.
Nice day.
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 139
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 139
  • bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 153
Question: While sharpening blades on a 38 inch deck from my 105 I turned center blade one full revolution and outside blades turned 2&1/2 revolution why did IH not size pulleys to turn blades at an equal speed. Not real important i guess, but was just wondering.

Latest posts

Back