• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin H.-

My later 1450 (1979) has no hole in the screen for the muffler, while my 1650 (1975) has a hole and longer muffler pipe.

Humberto R.-

It's worth what you want to pay for it.
happy.gif
I wouldn't pay that for a tractor with a series I, but then again, I'm cheap. I'd at least try to get him below $500. By the way, we really aren't supposed to discuss things like this, so we'll probably get poofed if Charlie ain't in a good mood, but, I tried.
happy.gif

Thanks. I'll check the FAQ's before I ask any more questions. Sorry, but thanks.

Wes V. and all the new guys.
First off, Welcome to the Forum.

Asking questions is a GOOD THING, just don't get PO'd when we ask ya to hit the FAQ pages when you do.
thumbsup_old.gif

It's not that we don't want to answer your questions personally, it's just that when your new to Cubs, more than likely that question has been answered many many times before over the years and new folks just don't do a search to find the answers.
Sooooo, the FAQ page above and the FAQ site i put together have most all the new Cub owner questions answered for ya and is a lot quicker to find the answer than waiting for someone to answer.

Check'um both out, it might just surprise ya what you might find.
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/IHCCFAQ/
http://cubfaq.com/questions.html
63094.gif

Matt, Roland, Frank M.
Thank you very much for the ID on the deck. The picture that Roland posted looks like it but not in that kind of shape. Will check with the P/O to see if he has another deck.

I have a nother question. As I stated this was with a 149. I was going over the new addition today and found something I have not seen described since I have been reading this site. I noticed a lot of play in the steering (not unusual) and chased it down to the front axle pivot pin hole. The rear support plate hole is wallowed out pretty good. Is there an easy way to fix this? Can this be reamed to a larger size and put in a larger pin. I am open to suggestions.

Sorry about not reading thru the FAQs. Anyways, as for the motor, the series I was standard unless it was later changed for a series II. Am I correct here??

Good morning All and Welcome to all newbies.
wave.gif

Matt G. At least I am not the only one with a different 1650 grille screen. (And here I thought I had something unique and one of a kind and...
roflol.gif

Bryan M. Dang. You put it so stately when you said that you'll let Hydro Harry (quote), "wax eloquently about QL grilles with and without holes (and mufflers with longer and shorter outlets) and maybe even exhaust deflectors...".
Shift.gif
I sure wish that he could have stopped by for a visit this weekend.

Hey. Wait a minute... Charlie is starting to post more pics of him on a gear instead of a Hydro. Either he's too busy to notice what picture he is posting or he's starting to convert to gear Cubs.
biggrin.gif

Humberto:

The KT-17 Series I motor was used in the 82 Series Cubs (682 & 782) up through S/N: 726124. Starting with S/N 726125, they used the KT-17 Series II.

Latest posts

Back