• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean S:

There was the 44/50 Series, then the 44A/50A Series, then the 44C/50C Series.

According to your tag, yours is the first generation 44/50 Series.

All those decks are shown in the CPE-2 Parts Manual. Some reading research would help you a lot....
Manuals, Manuals Manuals!!! Ya gotta have'em !!

Jarrod M. The same thing was done to Clarence. At first I was upset and then I realized that since the rest of the Cub was really well maintained and I am not going to be using Clarence for really hard work that I can live with the PO modification.

Off to do some mowing.... later.

Hello Hello Hello Hello

Hay Charlie Charlie Charlie

Got to do somethin somethin with this echo echo

No echo here,
I've been playin with one of my new toys today.
63079.jpg

Allen,
It's not mine, although, I wish it were. The owner sent me some pics the other day just to let me know it was still around.
63089.jpg

Hey guys,
Thanks for the replies regarding my 127 Hydrostatic. The release worked. The decal had just been rubbed off and I didn't want to mess any thing up. Which leads me to my next big issue. I got the enigine running easily enough, but soon after hyrdraulic fluid started pouring out the bottom of the tractor! What's up with that? It does not leak AT ALL when it is not running, but with the engine running, fluid pours out.

Charlie,
Thanks I think that will help. I'm just lost with the hydro stuff. I still can not get the hydro lever to move ( PB Blaster and all!)

Charlie P. My 1650 does have a grille screen similar to your Cub pictured here. The exhaust is original also from what I've been told. If you look at my 1650s grille screen (and I'll get some pics tomorrow ) there is no hole for the exhaust. I can't remember what the 1x8/9 front ends looked like off hand. Too dang tired to go check Ebay too. I mowed a friend's lawn with the 125. It took almost six hours since it hadn't been mowed for sometime. I could have used the 782D only there were some tight spots the 42" deck just squeezed into. Then I got home and spent forty-five minutes doing the next door neightbor's lawn. Tomorrow if the neighbor boy isn't busy I'm going to have him help mow lawn. Never had two Cub Cadets mowing the whole lawn before. At least not at once anyway. Should be fun. BTW... nice looking new toy that you've acquired.

Wes once you get to the levers if PB doesn't work a sparing amount of heat may do the trick IF it is a linkage problem. Just be careful.
flame.gif

Thanks for the info on the mower the old man always thought it was a 44 or 48 inch cut. But he is a green man so what can I say.

I'm not gonna steal Hydro Harry's thunder, I'll let him wax eloquently about QL grilles with and without holes (and mufflers with longer and shorter outlets) and maybe even exhaust deflectors...

WOW!!!
I now need more advice. I am even more stuck literally. What is the best way to remove the steering wheel? Mine seems to be quite stuck. I've tried a steering wheel puller but the bottom of the wheel is plastic and I don't want to destroy it. Any inside info? Thanks guys.

Hello everyone, I am new and hoping to join the Cub Cadet owner family. I am looking at a 782 and I want to make it a good, educated decision. I think it has a series 1 Kohler engine but I am not 100% sure. What should i look out for on this machine and how much should I expect to pay. The gentleman is asking $750. It seems to run good and everything seems to work properly. I have tried to do as much research as possible and came up with the conclusion that a series 2 motor is better and it seems that $750 is a bit steep, but I am not that sure. Hoping to get some good info here.

Latest posts

Back