• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slanda

displayname
shawn landa
Bryan, I totally missed those posts. I was there a little late on sunday around one. lol

John, that's Cub Cadet SNs not Kohler SNs...........

Pipe
He wants Kohler S/N's not Cub Cadet.
The same info you posted a link to is also right here in the FAQ's, item 26

(Message edited by pbell on July 26, 2004)

Kraig emailed the correct link to Kohler Engines FAQ which gave me the answer I was looking for. Perhaps this link should be added to the FAQ for Cub Cadet S/N?

Thanks all,
Roy

Sorry,I missunderstood the question.Allready had a couple of email reminders as well.Abject apologies for any and all inconveniences I may have caused someone.

Tedd-
The steering upgrade might raise it slightly, I seriously doubt it's any more than 1/4". It's hard to tell since I ran differnt tires (and possibly taller) after my upgrade.

John, I doubt it caused anyone problems, it's just that we like to point out when someone else is wrong. :eek:)

Tedd I.......I noticed the Supersteer adds a reverse "California rake" to the tractor. It appears to lower the rear end, but that is an optical illusion. (you can fix this by switching to 26x12-12 rear tire/rim combo on the SGT's). The Supersteer is a great item, but the mower deck needs to be re-leveled when its installed.

To compliment the Supersteer, I switched from the Brinly sleeve to a CAT-0 hitch. I did this to improve trash flow when plowing and to have a base plate for the rear hyd outlets......

Are you still able to get the chrome hub caps WITH the "IH" in the middle from any place? Those are by far the coolest looking covers ever, and the only ones I see are the plain chrome. I would imagine they are a popular item, or are they more of a rare find?

nathanial, there's a set of ih caps on ebay now. up to 200. with 22 biders, about and hour to go. these are used caps. t.b.

Nathanial D. -

In other words, the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> hubcaps are no longer available except on the used market. And they're highly desired by some folks. So prepare to open you wallet and give generously if you find a set for sale.

You can find them on eBay and in our classifieds from time to time.

All,
Got a phone call yesterday evening from a Guy from the McHenry County (Illinois) Antique Tractor Club , and he's looking for some lawn and garden tractors to join them at their Plow Day in Hebron, Illinios on the last Saturday of September. Hebron is on Rt. 47 and Rt.173, that's between Rockford and Waukegan just south of the Wisconsin/Illinois border. Would be a good "tune up" for the BIG Plow Day in Central Illinois. Anyone interested????

It's not the best paint work, but IH <font color="ff0000">RED</font> makes a Kohler look pretty nice!
20508.jpg

I am hopefully going to pick up a 125 this weekend. I will be using a small 4X8 trailer with wooden sides. Any suggestions on immobilizing the cub for the ride home (500 miles) I was thinking about installing some eye bolts into the trailer along the sides, and a bunch of nylon tie downs. Does this seem reasonable?
I figure I should stop once an hour to check all the straps.
jimmac

(Message edited by jmacdonald on July 26, 2004)

Jim-

Yes, and it would be a good idea to put those eye bolts into the frame of the trailer and not just the wooden sides. When I transport my 128 I use one nylon tiedown on each side of the tractor, attached to the trailer at the front, going over the rear axle on each side, around the front axle, and back to the front of the trailer. In case one of those breaks, I put a chain across the back of the trailer so it doesn't fall off all the way, and I also put a clevis in the hitch on the back and bolt that to the trailer.

On a completely different note......
The raccoon that has decided to climb up the wall inside the garage had better come down soon, I would like to be able to work in the garage if I want to...
happy.gif

Bryan-

For what it's worth, I did read the FAQ before I took apart a clutch that was giving me trouble.
happy.gif

Jim - make darned sure that your nylon straps aren't contacted by anything with sharp edges... pad edges with thick cloth... or use wired-or-bolted chains to make sure your tractor doesn't bounce off the trailer when you drive through Iowa City...

Matt... A friend of mine made an excellent suggestion once- he said that raccoons will run out of garages in a big hurry if you hose them down good... apparently they don't like getting sprayed. Now, I can't totally verify that, as every time I tried it, they just fell out'a the rafters. I didn't have a long-enough garden hose, so I sprayed 'em with buckshot instead of water. Works for me...

Back