Archive through July 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie that Haban is a steal you can get the tractor for only $500.00 more kind of looks like his buddy bidding

(Message edited by mmasheris on July 28, 2004)

Tedd-
I'm just hoping 1900+ hours is enough, considering my work hours and the fact that I'm going to be out to Montana a week for a wedding, I've got barely 250 hours to finish my tractor.. . . . . and anyone's that built up a complete package of a tractor knows that's cutting it close.

Charlie-
That $$ for a Haban? . . . . . not unless it's got a NOS Electrall unit powering it!

Steve "B",
You'll <u>NEVER</u> guess when my Wedding anniversay is! Son of a #@$^&(*^#!!! Come on rain.

(Message edited by thoffman on July 28, 2004)

Thanks Kraig. BTW it would be nice to show the price and such back then. Do you know where Paul was able to find that info? Looked at the IH registry site, no luck.

(Message edited by dharmon on July 28, 2004)

(Message edited by dharmon on July 28, 2004)

Donnie H. -

You're not likely to find all that info online.

People can get such information from the original bill of sale that might come with the tractor, old price sheets and other documentation that folks come across on eBay, tractor shows, swap meets, etc.

Hi all,
I need a picture and some information on a Cub Cadet I'm going to look at tomorrow. I'm not sure what it is. It is larger than my original but, looks to be around the same vintage. I think I've seen a picture of one on the forum recently. Wide set front wheels, kind of tall, yellow and white, appears to have the seat off-center (Looks like an older tractor). Any help will be appreciated.
Mike (soon to be murdered by wife) Johnson

Mr. Johnson -

Police sketch artists we're not
lol.gif

If it was in fact posted recently, why not load the pages listed in the links above (the recent archives) and see if you can find it, then let us know where the pic is and then we can ID it for you.

Now, is the seat really off center, or is it actually the engine/hood/grille that's off center? If that's the case, it's likely you're looking at a Farmall Cub/Cub Lo-boy and NOT a Cub Cadet.

Hi Bryan,
Somebody posted this picture...
\image {somebody's tractor}
I'm checking the archives to see if I can find his post. I was in the car with my wife so couldn't stop to get a good look, just an impression (seemed like the grill was the same as my original). I'm going out tomorrow to see the thing. Mike

Hi Bryan,
Somebody posted this picture...
20552.jpg

I'm checking the archives to see if I can find his post. I was in the car with my wife so couldn't stop to get a good look, just an impression (seemed like the grill was the same as my original). I'm going out tomorrow to see the thing. Mike

Would this be the suspect??
20551.jpg

This is the 1961 Internationl Cub Lo-boy that I'm working on getting to replace the 1957 I sold.

(Message edited by till on July 28, 2004)

Tedd, I think that's it except for the grill. Are they worth messing with? It sure looks cool. Mike

Michael J. -

They're definitely worth messing with, just keep in mind that this isn't the forum for discussing them - we just mention them from time to time cuz they share transmissions with <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadets.

And Tedd kindly described it below his posting of the picture
wink.gif

My impression was that it looked like that only it had an original's cowl and grill. Keep in mind, I was with my wife and was looking out the corner of my eye while commenting on something across the street (a tree, I think).

Thanks guys,
I knew you could help. I'll take pictures with my mavica tomorrow. Which forum can I post them to for information? Thanks again, Mike

Michael J. -

The only one that I can think of that has a grille even close to an Original (square with an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> emblem in the middle) with a white hood is a Cub - same basic layout as Tedd's picture but it's taller. Obviously that might be an issue if you have lots of trees on your property
wink.gif

Folks usually post a picture here of one of those with my head superimposed on the driver...

Thanks Tedd!

Michael J. -

Did the grille look like one of these toys?

20554.jpg

These are 1/16 scale Cubs, not Cub Lo-boys.

And as far as reposting pictures, we generally rely on Kraig to post during the day because he's got every bleedin' picture that's ever been posted here
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back