Archive through July 25, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Tom H.-

Will be there w/ 782D and 582. You can park by us and use our shade. Dad, me, and a friend will get there about 9. Show is great this year, more stuff than I have seen in many years.

Thomas H, Digger: Something isn't right or maybe Charlie's eyes are crossed...My belt manual sez that a 1200 with a 44A deck uses an IH-59971-C1. The 490489-R2 is listed for the 70-147 and/or some units of the Model 1100....

Throttle shaft fixers: I, indeed, do use the Hillman thrust bearing, Part #: Hillman 57087. I also use a GreatNeck brand 6 mm deep socket to install them with. All deep sockets are not the same !! I discovered the GreatNecks have the inner shoulder deep enough up inside to accept the shaft of the throttle for tamping the Hillman thrust bearing. The Hillman 58087 looks like little ole a bronze washer, but they do work for obtaining a new close tolerance wear surface for the throttle shaft. And, for about $0.80 or so each, retail, is resonable enough for me.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron,
I was goin by what the PLU said.
thumbsup.gif

89215.jpg

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie....I thunk we learned ya better...
old.gif
. If you have a model needing that adapting package you had highlighted, then probably that's right, if you know what model is getting adapted....However, the QL series (not including the 1100) does <u>not</u> need an adapting package for the 44A decks.....Uhhhmmm, CPE-2 'splains it all...

Myron

Charlie....Yeah, that's kinda what I figured, so I was just trying to help keep you on track....Nobody, certainly not me, can know it all, besides, my manual was under my nose at my computer from answering another belt question earlier....
bouncy.gif

Myron

Now I've heard of a green thumb, but a yellow one looks much better!!! Look at that shine. Did ya clear coat?
clappy.gif

having trouble searching...trying to find out about using electrolysis to remove paint. can someone give me a hint to help me search better? went back 60 days...

Brad, try something with the train of thought of 'electrical rust removal'. That seems to be the big postings recently(last 60 days) and paint falling off as I recall was an additional benefit.

Hello gents. Aaytay the auction was by Columbus,and I wish I could have been there in person with a larger checkbook. Hey charlie nice tanks ( and thats not just a line you hear in a bar). Looks like you can lay down some paint how do you get the yellow to cover so well. I can get the white to look nice but the yellow never covers until I get like 4 or 5 coats on.

Brad:
Try " electrolysis" and don't limit to 60 days, I got 18 hits on it. Google "electrolysis rust removal" and you'll get pages, including some of the best "old iron" sites on the net.......

I have a leak in my hydro. Its a 105. Can anybody post a diagram of this hydrostat.I think I found the source of the leak and wanted to see if there was a seal in there. Thanks ahead of tome. Don

i need some directions as to how to get the pto clutch off of a 100. i already removed set screws from both the clutch and the basket. im thinking i need a puller.

really not trying to get rust off, unless this is the same process. is there a certain amount of washing soda to put in the water? still not getting the results i'm looking for by tring the search...

Latest posts

Back