Archive through July 24, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the 70/100 were the first models to have the front PTO's available as standard equipment. It was a new feature IH was trying to highlight.

Lots of white can 66 series became red can due to the editing dept!

CAB - not can........dang phone auto-correct!

Steve, I fixed your original post for you.
happy.gif
I was wondering what a white can and a red can were...
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 107
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 115
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 112
Kraig - no I didn't answer my own question, and the grill screen ain't grey, it looks white to me, which is correct color. And I don't have a protractor handy to check but if the grill housing ain't leaning 45 degrees then can we say it's somewhere between 35-55 +/- 10 degrees?
err.gif

Steve - "took great liberties"!!!!! Yup, I've been known to do that with more than CC units. Sometimes I wonder if those IH marketing guys ever really saw a real tractor directly. I get the feeling they were the nerdy type, sat behind desks all day, and rode a bicycle to/from work. Corse, back in the day we didn't call those people nerds either.

Larry - ya, they sure did doctor up the picture BUT you would'a thought they would make the PTO clutch and lever grey so it would hi-lite the items the caption was discussing. Otherwise peoples eyes really go direct to the grey hi-lited muffler.

Marlin -
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

Attachments

• roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 115
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 113
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 115
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 117
A guy sends me his creeper saying that he's having a heck of a time getting it to go in low range.
He said for the life of me I can't figure it out!
1a_scratchhead.gif
biggrin.gif

316413.jpg

Attachments

• 316413.jpg
    316413.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 110
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 112
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 116
  • 316413.jpg
    316413.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 107
Hey Charlie - I'll bet his shift lever moved back/forth really easy, since it likely wasn't really moving anything.
eek.gif

If he would have turned that yoke around it would always be in low range.
cool.gif

Attachments

• cool.gif
    cool.gif
    451 bytes · Views: 112
  • eek.gif
    eek.gif
    1,022 bytes · Views: 114
Well, I didn't get a response so I guess the "yoke" is on me
bash.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 113
good news was able to get my engine running and not sieze up. -offtopic- was also able to get my honda trail 70 going too after finding a flywheel and stator. after trying 2 other heads. only small issue is that only runs when throttle is open wide but not going that fast. so i'll have to try carb cleaner. so im am happy got 2 things back running good.

Charlie -

We can obviously see also that water has some disadvantages as a lubricant instead of hytran...

Charlie,

What kind of shape was the bearing in?
I bet the spring pin holes in the shaft were wallowed out too.

Latest posts

Back