• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not on a cub blower, but I've seen some with wheels, mostly selfpropelled blowers. If you do, casters could be and option, just gotta think how far out the sides they will stick. Your clutch will thank you for installing a creeper.

Christopher C.
Here's the diference between the narrow frame and wide frame blade mounts, which is all you have to change, that and the lift rod.
62896.jpg

62897.jpg

62898.jpg

Dave H.
I have a LOT of gravel to clear at my place and the skids set about 1/2 to 3/4" do just fine.
62900.jpg

James C.
It's called a strong back and a weak mind not meeting in the middle and rupturing a bicep and watchin it fly up to your shoulder, while picking up the rearend of a 1450, LOL

Hey Charlie, do you have a creeper on the cub with the blower ? Wonder how my cub without a creeper will run with a blower.

Dave H.
I do little to nothing with a gear drive, HYDROS RULE.
biggrin.gif

But if I were to use a gear drive to THROW snow with a snow THROWER, I would have to have a creeper. If no other reason that to keep from riding the clutch through the deep stuff.
Even in first gear without a creeper, your moving to fast for any snow over 3 or 4", IMHO.

I hate to agree with "digger" but I will have to on this subject.
HYDRO'S rule when it comes to snow removal.
That is if you can get them started when its below zero and the wind is howling and you rather be curled up in a nice warm comfort blanket sipping a hot cup of cider.

Why do the garden tractor pullers use gear drives instead of hydros?

Kirk.
Loss of hp through the hydro, better gear selections, less exspencive to fix when broken.

Anyone who has spent any anount of time on a gear drive and a hydro drive cub cadet will tell you that gear drives are just better at pulling a load once it is moving,
a good example is plowing with a moldboard plow, drop the plow in the ground, put trans in 2nd gear and let out the clutch for a steady pull, on hydro driven units, you need to constantly readujust the speed control to maintain a given speed as the ground you are pulling the moldboard plow through changes.

In other words, hydros are great for what they are good at doing and same goes for gear drives.
I do not like a gear drive fro plowing snow because of all the shifting between 2nd and reverse, where as with a hydro its just a simple pull of the handle to change directions.

I hope I did not comfuse you with all my mis-spelled words and mindless banter.

Latest posts

Back