• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry, here's a few closeup shots of my 126, there is a sticker on the cub that I noticed after I uploaded the pics thats says Rockville CT.
62880.jpg

62881.jpg

62882.jpg

62883.jpg

Dave H.
Nice lookin rig, but ya just gotta do somethin with that gas tank man! That just ain't natural ya know.
biggrin.gif

Charlie, that's the color that the replacement tanks came in. I have one just like it on my #1 125, though mine is not nearly as clean as Dave's.
blush.gif

**Posting this for Ben "everybody calls me Pops" Corn.**

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The 001 is my finished 1000 after many months of work, 003 is the motor area and its detail and of course Pops herd. Been playing with this Cub Bug since the early 70's. The 1650 will be restored this winter right now it is my "little work horse".<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

62888.jpg

Picture "001"

62889.jpg

Picture "003"

62890.jpg

Picture of Pop's herd

I thought I would give everyone an update on my IH 982 with a Linamar LX 790 engine that I suspected had a cracked pan. This is from a few days ago.
I pulled the motor and sure enough the mounting ear on the front right corner was cracked all the way around the bottom. Likely caused by my mowing the ditch banks and flexing the frame too much.
I drug the original Onan out of the corner and removed both pans. I was happy to find out the Onan pan would work on the Linamar. Had this been the other way around, I am not sure it would have worked. The Onan starter is mounted to the pan and the Linamar is not. I also Had to use the dip stick and tube from the Onan.
Thought this might be a good tip since neither of these 2 engines are available anymore.

Kent, if it's not too late, please take photos while you have that apart!

Matt G.,
I will be at Freeport on saturday. Maybe I will see you there.

Hey fellas, whats the best way to remove the hydraulic lines from yer cub? (Hydro lift on a 149)

Good loking package on sleazebay... Item #220131885674

a 129 with mower, tiller and IH trailer in IL
no bids only a couple of hours left!

Good luck

Charlie-
Whats matter- Getting weak?
Sorry, couldn't resist!!
old.gif

Dave, Nice looking 106. I wish mine looked that nice. It didn't look like you have a creeper. If you do a lot of heavy snow throwing, you might find a creeper is just the ticket for going real slow with the throttle open. I was looking at the shoes someone welded on the skids, presumably for a gravel drive. I have a hard packed gravel drive (3/4 inch crusher run) and wondered if anyone has ever done snowthrowing on a gravel drive? The drifts last year were too much for my blade. Has anyone ever tried wheels on a snowthrower to keep it up out of the gravel?

Roger, I plan on using the snowthrower on my gravel driveway, I hope I can adjust the height so it doesn't suck in too many rocks. Oh yeah, you're right, I don't have a creeper on it.

I've got a snow plow that fits my 106, can it be made to fit a 1x9 tractor? If so, what do I need? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back