• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchristensen

displayname
Richard Christensen
Kraig Let's not be encouraging these new guys to buy these 106's 126's and such. I thought we were just going to use them for parts to keep our wide frames and quietlines running.
shame.gif

All, Here is a picture of the before mentioned 1450:
62863.jpg

It is in fairly good shape, needs ISO mounts and a little other TLC.

Charlie, thanks for the direction.

RICHARD - Not much swaps between a Hydro & a gear drive. I did put 123-Hydro axle carriers on My 72 this spring....with the needle bearings on the outer ends of the carriers it's amazing how much easier it rolls!

Thanks Brendan. I'll give the nut & water method a try. I'll throw some radiator cleaner in for good measure.

Back a while ago I said I was gonna touch up my 105 and take a few pictures of it. Been putting off posting them cause I wanted to get some better ones than the cell phone takes, but lets just say a new camera is not at the top of my need list right now.

Also, thanks for all the tips I received here about my pto clutch....she's working good now. Turns out ya just gotta be smarter than the tractor you're working on.
err.gif

Oh...check out my sweet seat....
lol.gif

62871.jpg

62872.jpg

Matt--is the Freeport show this weekend a swap meet too?

Damn...I just figured out how to post pics instead of links, are those pictures too big?

Jarrod, that is one sweet Cub Cadet, is that the original motor on it ?

Charlie--Gotcha.
beerchug.gif

Dave--I really don't know if the motor is original, but I doubt it. If I get the serial number off of the tractor and the one off of the engine can one of ya figure it out?

good way to clean gas tank!! if your divorsed or widowed just go to scrap pile . get the old dryer that the heatin eliment is burnt out on set it nn top of sumthin elce thats kind of leavel (cause its to hard to make a clen spot) stick in some of those damed pillows she left all over the place with the gas tank with about 1/2 lbs. BB s in it tape holes shut one more of those deamed pilows that are in the way any how (but keep a few pillows around you might get luckey next week : dont save to many thoe she wont stay after you tell her to clean sumthin if she wants it clean) turn on dryer tape timer on 5hour any thing will be cleen Doug in TX

Jarrod-

here's more info on the Freeport show (antique and threshing show)

*July 27-29 38th Annual Threshing & Antique Show at the Fairgrounds, Freeport, IL 61032 Camping available on the grounds - contact Ed Keech at 815/947-3779. Feature display is Fire trucks and Emergency Equipment - contact Bill Stimpert at 815/235-1539. Feature engine in Gasoline Alley is Economy - contact Rich Brubaker at 815/362-2015. For flea market information or vendor information contact Gary Eisenhower at 815/232-7954. Club phone number is 815/235-2198.

on the cleaning gas tank...

nuts and water?? ....w-a-t-e-r??????

head on out to the local atv/motorcycle dealer and pick up a tank repair/cleaning kit. you'll likely use the nuts with the kit, but that's about it.

What happened to our other threads in the sandbox? Ken go on a rampage again?
lol.gif

Bren

Bren,
You know how the ole saying goes and in my best Buck Owens voice.

Where, where, are they tonight?
Why did you leave them there all alone?
I searched the forum over,
And thought I found a true thread.
I found another and
Phht! they were gone.

Nothin more, nothin less.
biggrin.gif

Jarrod-

Kind of. They have a flea market and there's usually a guy with cub stuff there, but he's kind of a crooked arrow. Buyer beware...

Charlie- Could ya please email me copies of your photos from Root River??? I forgot my camera and I was too damn busy running around the showgrounds putting out fires to even stop and enjoy anything until late Sunday. Guess that is one of the "benifits" of being on the Board of Directors. I was able to work a deal to aquire on OCC so I am happy about that think it will be a refurb tractor that I HOPE to have done by 2011!!! Did ya get any pics of the "backdrop" that we stage for the 11am parade of tractors that we had filmed and will be making a dvd of??

My arse felt "dirty" cruising around on that Gator but it sure beat walking and carrying supplies with me
happy.gif
Ya missed seeing me drive an Oliver 1950T on Sunday on a bet with a fellow board member cause I got pictures of him driving his "orphan" 5288 and all the Oliver people want them cause he is a die hard Ollie guy yet he owns on IH tractor.

Hey Charlie - on that Cub that didn't have spark at the plug and you said all the easy stuff was correct. Since when did pushing the coil wire down come under "hard" stuff?

Kraig - glad to be back posting once in r while.

Dave H there in Lebanon CT - that is a nice looking 126. When I first saw it I thought it might be one I restored long time ago when I lived in Woodbury, CT. Couple things make it look like one of mine, and couple things don't, but could have been changed later. I always liked painting the spindle covers on the deck in yellar but those red gauge wheels weren't my doing. I also noticed the black engine which was one of my trade-marks (had to be glossy black tho), and I always painted the valve cover in yellar. Any chance you can post some closer up pics? And on that QA36A thrower, I see it has the little shoes welded on the skidders. IH never did that, and those skidders would wear down quick so the shoes were an excellent idea - except they had to be offset enough so they wouldn't keep the main cutting edge from being adjusted down to the surface. If the shoe was under the edge it would keep it to high off the blacktop for a nice clean cut (but probably about right on a gravel drive (watch out for the flying stones). Sure would be nice to have a few more close-ups to see more certain if she's was one of mine. Oh, as for having enough garage space, many of us built racks in the garage so we could stack them up. They are easier to assemble when higher up (saves your back and all) but of course more difficult to get down once complete - makes for a nice garage visit.

Hey Kraig - you got any of my old pics on the archives, like with the white hat and black hat?

Hydro Harry
(shortest old poster around)

CCO Hood brace info, It sounds like the cco hoods may have been built with or w/o a brace then. My later #53392 has the brace and it looks factory, the #1606 shows no signs of ever having one. Because of the low serial # I'm attempting to restore it as close to original (no pun intended) as possible.
Thanks to Charlie D. and Kraig M. for your input.

Larry,
FWIW, my OCCs 4861 and 3410 both have hood braces.

Latest posts

Back