Archive through July 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt,

That's a mighty fine looking 100. Someday I hope to have some spare time to restore some CCs of my own. With all the info you and others before have shared, it should make it a bit easier.

Thanks!

Bruce

Jerry Bliler,

Sign me up for cheep 101. This worked really well. And it is proper. I definitely have more time than money. If I had to guess only about .003 came off. Still plenty of head left.

Matt Gonitzke,

It sounds as good as it looks. Perfect. I noticed in the video there as a lot of beaming pride in the background. And rightly so. Excellent job on everything!!!

Richard and Bruce-

Thanks!

Dustin-

It's PPG Shop Line paint, mixed to IH 483 yellow with the number in the FAQ.

Brenden, I wander what size the old cub cart was? Have never seen a first series.

JERRY - the original CC dump cart was "TOO SMALL"!
lol.gif

Granted, I always had problems pulling full size hay racks and wagons but I'm a little bigger now than I was when I was eight years old. And with wheel weights and ag tires the Cubbies pull a bit harder. BTW, the racks & wagons were always empty, even the '39 FARMALL H had it's hands full with Dad's BIG wagon, it would hold right at 200 bushel of ear corn with the side boards and 150 bu. of shell corn without the boards, and by today's standards that's VERY small.

Questions for a CC100. Where is the serial number. Should i have the screened or soild clutch cover. Also i have read that there was an early production front axle for the 70/100's.Can someone tell me what it looks like or how they might vary? Where there 2 different muffler options for them? THanks,Dustin

DUSTIN - 70/100 serial numbers are number stamped on the right side of the rearend casting just behind the right side footrest. There's two castings that extend below the side frame, front one is the reduction housing and the rear one is the transmission housing and that's the one the serial number should be on. There's a raised square pad about an inch square and it will be close to that.

My 1965 vintage CC 70 has the screened clutch cover. Not sure about the front axle castings. Also seems like the grill casting was changed a time or two also.

Questions for a CC100. Where is the serial number.
-- Dustin Sacksteder (Dsacksteder) on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 09:19 am

Dustin,
You should check here:
http://cubfaq.com/questions.html

Go to #17. A location picture is provided.

Ryan W
coffee.gif

Won't be at RPRU until tomorrow...took me 2 hours to fix the governor. Now I just twisted off the bolt holding on the speed control lever flush with the block
swear.gif

Speekin of hay wagons, I was raking for our landlord last week with one of his 7600's and on the trip off the hill I pulled his tri-axle wagon...well actually it pushed me, bout 50yds down the hill. and Clint said "I noticed a light tightening of the rear orifice when....".....yepper
yikes.gif

Matt:
Great video !! Cubgratulations (great to see that smiling face in the background, too - he knew it was gonna sound good, you could just tell....)

Get the EZ set out out (and the left hand twist carbide drills...)
bash.gif

Brendan - I started down the bank towards the creek with the OT Zero Turn mower last night and when it started sliding, I noticed that same "tightening" effect as the left drive wheel started sliding. The 129 sat in the barn and I believe it was chuckling.

Time to load this guy and the Diesel for Red Power...we'll head out bright and early tomorrow...

Thank you to all who have helped answer my questions and those who have sold me the random bits I have needed for this thing. I never could have done this without all of you.

That kinda looks like a Plow Day with all those little "OOps" guys, Matt

There should be a salesman standing there, showing Matt the Accessory Brochure - that puppy looks like it just got driven out of the showroom... "Suddenly it's 1960"

Latest posts

Back