• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 21, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, ah, I missed where Harry asked about the 6/9 speed. My bad.
blush.gif

Harry, a few years back Mike Masheris was able to acquire an M&W and installed it in an Original that he refurbished. William "Geezer" DeTurk bought it from Mike. Here are two photos of it when Mike had it at a Plow Day in Iowa. And a third photo that Mike took right after he finished it.

194396.jpg

194397.jpg

194398.jpg

Does anyone out there have a good photo of the "INTERNATIONAL" and "CADET" decals that were on the ends of the auger housing and the two warning decals, one on the discharge chute and the one that was on the plate at the front of the auger housing on a QA snowthrower that they could post or email to me? Or better yet, if you have a QA snowthrower that has good condition decals that you could take high resolution photos of to send me? The more squarely the photo is taken to the decal the better. A ruler placed by the decal for scale would be a nice touch as well. Thanks! Here's some photos of the decals I'm referring to:

194400.jpg

194401.jpg

194402.jpg

194403.jpg

KRAIG - Pretty sure the International & Cadet decals on my QA-36 are in decent shape. Can't help you on the warning/safety decals. Let me know if you want me to send you pic's.

If there would have been a cub o deno it would have been white correct ?

If you had a rusted trans and wanted to help it some culd you fill it full of deisel and let it set for a coulple of months would this hurt anything ?

just had to post a picture of my 100 with my helper last night

she is 15 months old and was enjoying helping daddy

i am going to have to start workign on my 4 y/o boy's cub 125 once i get my 100 finished
194407.jpg

194408.jpg

LUCAS - Tough to say what a '61 to '63 Cub Cadet Demonstrator would have looked like. Could have maybe been red. white and gold since it would have been built half way between the white (1950) and red/gold (1970) demo's.

Diesel fuel should be fine as a solvent. Funny but true story, the ready-mix truck I drove the summer of '76 developed a fuel leak in the return fuel manifold lines on the engine and sprayed hot diesel fuel out as I ran down the road for a week or two. That hot fuel cleaned ALL the built up gunk & crud off the transmissions & drive axles. And the spray or mist that got on the mixing drum actually became part of the company's required wash-down procedure.

KRAIG - May be a day or two for the pic's, the QA-36 is in "Storage" but I think I can get it out.

Denny no rush, I've been meaning to ask on the forum for about a year now. I kept forgetting to post the request until this morning when I was copying some files off of a flash drive and came across the photos of the old decals.
194410.gif

Chris-
Your daughter is telling you that you need to have a creeper on that 100.

Smart kid!
happy.gif

Art,
lol.gif
I suppose you'll soon be posting a creeper for sale in the classifieds?

i recently saw a picture of a cub original on full steel wheels

i found a picture of it but would like some better pictes of it or more information about it

194413.jpg

i have searched but can not find out much

anyone have any more info?

thanks

I'm going to look at a 1650 to buy and the owner says that when he gets about half-way done with his lawn the hydro starts "slipping"? Could maybe the cooling fan be shot and causing it to overheat and slip? Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Chris, I believe that custom steel wheeled Original belongs to Steve Urschel.

Lucas
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

If there would have been a cub o deno it would have been white correct ?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
Think about what you are asking........If there would have been, it would have been what ever color IH decided on, nothing says it had to be white.

Chris R,
That Original on steel belongs to Scott or Steve Urschel I believe, but am not sure. I am aware of 3 of them on steel, 2 in Indiana and 1 in Louisiana.

Denny,
William DeTurck has the M&W that Mike Masheris had, and I believe William is aware of 9 or 10 M&W's. There were 2 at RPRU in Penfield, IL in 2002, and the picture I posted is one of them.

Kraig and Paul - thanks for posting the pics and the additional info on the M&W 9-speed. I didn't know it actually added 2in to the length of the tractor - but can see it now in the pics. I wonder where all 50 or so of those units went??? Of more interest, I wonder what "Geezer" may have paid Mike for that unit. Sure looks sweet.

Kraig - on the thrower photos - you only mention QA. I think the decals were the same on both except the "A" suffix version has one on the cover over the sprocket/driveshaft connection and I don't believe the non-A version has this. The cover on the non-A was alot smaller. I don't recall what this decal stated but probably something like "keep hands and feet away from moving parts".

Interesting one decal mentions "keeping fingers out of spout while machine is running". I wonder why the other one doesn't mention keeping toes away from auger when machine is running, rather than just mentioning stand clear.

Robert C - I'd be surprised if the "fan" was the problem causing the Hydro to slip, but it could be a contributing factor to what caused the problem to occur. Maybe incorrect Hydro fluid was installed. Maybe the pump is just covered with so much crud that even a good fan has no chance to help. I would be more suspicious there is a bigger problem than cooling or fluid. 1650 is a nice unit (one of my favs), but not without the usual QL and Hydro pump trunion/linkage issues.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and it sounds like another one is gonnna be saved)

Hydro Harry, I only mentioned "QA" because I was too lazy to type out QA36 and QA42. Going on the photos in the manual, the QA36A and QA42A only had the "International" decal not the "Cadet" decal. Not sure what they had for the warning decals. I figured with the photos I posted of the old decals everyone would be able to figure out what I am looking for.
happy.gif

Paul, the other steel wheel Original that I believe is in Indiana (owner's name is Robbie S. I believe) and was at PD4 at Blunier's with the one that Steve and/or Scott Urschel own is this one:

194415.jpg

Note the, seat, decals and wheels (spokes and center hub on the rear) on the one in the photo above, they do not match the one that Chris posted.

Here is the one that Urschels own:

194416.jpg

Note the wheels, they match.

Somewhere I have photos of a third one that I know nothing about. I'll have to try to find hte photos of it.

PAUL - Son & I were @ Penfield in '02. I remember the CC Corral was FULL. We spent a L-O-T of time talking to Dan H, , looking over the scale 1206 Turbo made from a 1X9, saw Tom Hoffman run Mien Kub out to watch the Bluniers plow. Big Steve offered Me a tractor & plow to run but We had other things to do. Son & I navagated back to "The Last Farmall", I wanted to "recreate" a picture I took back in '85 @ FARMALL, SON sitting at the wheel of that 5488 but the cab doors were locked and I didn't have any of my FARMALL KEYS with me. Also ran into a couple regular posters from RPM forum too. Oh, and we looked at the HT-340 too. We spent a couple hours just looking over that sea of 2150 RED and still didn't see everything. And spent close to an hour at the Dyno tent.

I looked for some posts from William on other forums about the M&W's but couldn't find any. He posts on the RPM CC forum occasionally.

Kraig - lazy???? I could believe sore fingers, insufficient time (mad rush), even maybe keyboard on fire, but not lazy.

I never understood the "Cadet" think only on the throwers. Has there ever been an explanation, good guess or otherwise?

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (are there occasions when Cadet is not shown?)

Hydro Harry,

Thanks for the info. So this could be an expensive repair? Maybe I better dig into the archives and look around for hydro pump/motor repairs.

Have you ever been to Port Orchard? I have a BIL that lives there.

Thanks again,

rob

Latest posts

Back