• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick M. -

Of course, if you bring said tractor and some tools, I'm sure we'd all help you screw up, I mean, fix it...

To anyone headed to Freeport -

Julie and I will prolly be at the Rockford Cracker Barrel around 7, in case anyone wants to drop in. Perhaps convoy to Freeport from there. Anyway, I figure we'll be at the show by 9:00 at the latest. Depends whether I have the cojones to get over to the west side of Rockford for cheep gas...
wink.gif

LOL! Carry that thing in my S10
happy.gif
Somehow I don't think the suspension would like that much... ;)

7:00 AM Saturday at Cracker Barrel? Where's it at? (I know it's in Rockford SA!
happy.gif
haha)

(Message edited by rmunday on July 21, 2004)

Rick M. -

I90 & State St (AKA Bus US20)

Hindsight being 20/20 I probably just should have drilled two 2.5" holes to breathe through . . . . but something triggered me to be creative and put in a housing that was also a pre-cleaner. Accidentally mis-figured the sheet for being 65% open instead of the opposite. Now I've got 1800 holes to enlarge to .086" . . . . . . 150-200 a night and I figure my that time all my primer will be dry in this 95° and 95% humidity.

All in all, in the end I'm pretty sure I'll like this better.
20450.jpg

Bryan-Stephenson County fairgrounds? Same place as last year? I may come over,gotta remember the Lo-Jack....
wink.gif

Richard, Dennis-
The real reason they didn't use the entire deck that thickness is probably more a function of the stamping process- stamp a piece of metal that thick, and the dies just don't last long... it takes a serious smash! :)

Wyatt- if you can't find a NICE605 in your thriving metropolis, I can arrange for one through my pals at the local bearing distributor.

Wes- re. the knock...

Check your PTO clutch- if one half spins somewhat freely for a half-dozen degrees or more, you may be hearing IT as the knock.

But if not, the next thing I'd check is flywheel and engine mount bolts.

When you checked your piston slop, did you check it at top of the bore, or at the bottom? Most engines I've seen had slop-wear at the bottom of the stroke, and part-way up, and look almost perfect at the top... all due to cosine angle imposing thrust on the 'loaded-side' of the wall. An old-time engine machinist suggested to me that a high amount of lower-end wear typically results from dirty oil... in a filtered/pressurized system, the bypass might be stuck open, filter plugged, etc, and in a non-filtered, simply not enough oil changes, or wrong oil-type... In case of Kohlers, I'd say it's a pretty common nature-of-beast... perhaps others have more input than I...

I just wanted to post to say that if some of you remember I posted about having a problem with an order from an anonymous forum sponsor.

Well that un-named sponsor did everything possible to make the situation right. So I wanted to re-iterate that you are in good hands with any of the forum sponsors so order with confidence.

Well...if he is asleep at the wheel...lets all post for sale and wanted...

Wanted: Replacement Left Ankle. Can be used with minimal wear. Cannot be out of round or have any fractures, stress or otherwise. Please include price shipped to 46992. Please remove all unnecessary meat/tendons/ligaments to save on shipping.
happy.gif

For Sale: Several cub tractors and lots of parts, several decks including a 60" Haban. Replaced by newly purchased 725A Grasshopper and highschool kid to do mowing for next year...
happy.gif

Going stir-crazy today...talked Amanda to driving me to NAPA just to get out of the house, and she picked up some parts I had ordered pre-accident for the IH pickup, then she got me an ice cream cone!

On a sad note, I talked to Hydro Harry the other day and he was heading out to the Dakotas to see his father who wasn't in too good a shape, ultimately, his illness took him. Thoughts and prayers go out to Hydro Harry Bursell and his family.

Ryan,
Regarding your ad for the replacement part, I have a buddy with the United Food and Commercial Workers. He could probably get your part cheap from one of the packing plants he works with. It wouldn't be an exact replacement, but I think it could be made to work.
Sold as is. No core charge or exchange. Seller not responsible for improper installation.

RYAN - Sounds like Your in Good Hands there with Amanda! WYATT - I didn't quite understand what You were doing with the air cleaner cover.... Too many "Cold Tools" Maybe!?! Looks GOOD! Bryan, Rick, Etc. All going to Freeport on Rt 20 from Rockford - Be VERY careful on 20 to observe posted speed limits. I'm sure that stretch of highway is still one of the most heavily patrolled speed traps in northern IL. When I worked in Freeport I used to have about one supplier a week get a speeding ticket when They'd come from Rockford to visit Me. DAVE K. II - Actually those 44 & 50" decks are "Drawn". You can tell by the stress marks or waves normally on the left end sharp radius. Metal was stretched. IH had some REALLY BIG presses at some of their plants. IHC Canton especially. The side rails on the FARMALL Tractors were made there from formed & bent steel then welded to the bracket that bolted the engine backplate to the clutch housing. People that worked there told Me You could feel the ground shake downtown in Canton from the plant 2-3 blocks away.

Hey Ryan-

Bruce sounds like he's onto something good there- might take a little machining-up to get it to fit right... a little JB weld and the right hardware, and you'd be back in business...

But we may hafta stick a ring in your nose to make you feel 'right' afterwards....

Kraig,

I took a look thru the inspection hole last night on my 107 and I can see that my large spring is definitely not seated properly. One end is cocked, or possibly the spring itself is broken. I may have to remove the cover to get in there for a better look.

-- Ken

Sounds like a good idea Bruce - Got any pictures?
happy.gif

Charlie- JB Weld...now there is a good medical idea...course you gotta make sure you get it on right the first time or you are SOL!

Hydro Harry,

I've been thinking about you lately and wondering how you're doing. My condolences on the loss of your father.

Jim

Two things....
Well maybe three,
Sorry to hear about the lose Harry.
sad.gif

Has anyone heard from Ray Leo???

What is the "new" condition thickness of the brake pads for an external brake rear end?? Middle style in the parts book.

Is the Cub Registry still around? Tried to go to the page that I had bookmarked but couldn't...

Back