• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 18, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my latest acquisition. It's obvious what missing, but it's also obvious what it has...
happy.gif

62531.jpg

It needs engine mounts REALLY bad, but has a 50" deck and runs. We'll see how bad it shakes when I fix the motor mounts and I'll decide whether to keep this one or the 1450...

Might also need to convert one of my blades to power-angle, now that I've suddenly got all of these tractors equipped with front outlets...

Mike M., awesome job on the turbo diesel!
thumbsup.gif

Matt, nice find, gotta like the dual hydraulics!
happy.gif

Matt and Joe,
OK, I mixed some MMO and premium gas up for the 71, and I've been running it for a day. If this is stuck rings and if the MMO unsticks them, how long before you would expect to see some improvement?

Trust me Matt: just did my 1650 it doesn't get any smoother except when I mow with it. Dang thing is smooth as a baby's bottom then!!!

I like the dual hyd. something for me to look into hmmmmmmmm.

Pops

Can I pull a lawn aerator behind my Cub Cadet 125, 12 horsepower, and plant grass seeds effectively? The guy at Lowes said that I had to have at least a 26 horsepower mower to pull attachments. The aerator is designed for lawn tractors. It has spike wheels, and is 40 inches wide.

A new 24 horse two cyilnder mower came with my house in south Florida. I gave up on it due to flimsy construction and lack of power and used my 129, and later my 149 while in living there.

Thom...
I have a 48" core aerator and loaded up w/ concrete blocks, my worn out 1973 149 had absolutely no issues pulling it, other than needing chains to go up this one hill w/ wet grass....... My dad's 23 v-twin Crapsman couldn't do that... HTH

Thom, Dad has a 149 and we have pulled a boat with it. There was a boat dealer in our hometown that used a 122 to move boats around with.

Thom R: There is a helluva difference in a Lowes/Home Depot tractor style lawn mower and a genuine Cub Cadet GARDEN TRACTOR!!! Back when, GreenLawn Aerator figured the 7 hp Cub Cadet Original model was just fine for their 46 " wide aerator....did I mention 46 inches wide and a 7 hp Cub Cadet?? BTW: that Cub only has 9 drawbar hp!! and a gang Aerator at 138 inches wide....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
62538.jpg

I pulled a 1984 4wd suburban out of my shop with my 125 yesterday..a little wight on the back and let her buck...amazing

Thom R:

And you believed the so called "expert" at Lowes...??
biggrin.gif

The REAL experts are right here....!!!
thumbsup_old.gif

Myron, Does that original in your brochure of the aerator have larger deck pulley shields or is that just my imagination.

Wow,

Thank you for the great response to my first post. I inherited this one less than a year ago. I finally got most of the normal maintenace done last week. When I figured out how to do the timing, I got it to stop really losing power under load. So, I now feel that the white elephant may just be a work horse instead.

I found the aerator for half price - open box. It only has spikes, not plug cylinder fittings. Should this create enough ground piercing to allow good seeding of grass?

Does anyone have a picture of a 129 driveshaft and the coupling to the engine? I have been looking at the parts lookup for this, and it doesn't match the 129 I just got. The engine is out of mine, and what remains of the driveline sure looks like a clutch from a gear drive, complete with friction disc and throwout lever attached to the foot pedal. It is hooked to a hydro tranny, so at least that part is correct! Do I have a mongrel? Thanks!

Hmmmm. So, how did this 129 end up with a clutch? I don't think the engine is original. Are the engines different for hydros and gear drives? Maybe one of the previous owners had the engine replaced, and they put a clutch in it too? That's weird.

Hey Thom,
I doubt you'll find one like this at lowes. My 149 dosen't have any trouble pulling it around full of water (about 600LB) on three acres.
I have to drain the water down to about a third full for the hydraulics to lift it for transport though!
62702.jpg

I pull three to four inch plugs out. I've never used a spike aerator but I doubt you'll hardly notice it on the back of your 125.

Latest posts

Back