• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 12, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome All New Members!!!
wave.gif

William P. Of course there are schematics avaialble for the Cub Cadet Hydros. And for parts .... you bet they are available. Relax and let these fellas walk you through your problem. Did you use the correct pin when you installed a new one?

Jason K. Are you going to try and make the Tama/Toledo Plow Day event next month?

Nic B. Sweet looking little Cub there. The Des Moines Craigslist has two or three of them. Plus a couple Cub Cadets.

Nic B
Look under STL craigslist and check home & garden search "cub" Lots more icluding one next door to you.

NIC - That one is a lot better shape appearance wise than Dad's that sold at His auction just a year ago but His only brought $1300. And He'd just spent almost $400 on the PTO clutch. That was kinda their weak spot.

Does any one have any advise on how to take the steering wheel off!!!!!!}

I had a spiral pin holding the drive shaft on my 1250 that broke, the pin broke. I tried a roll pin but that sheared off. Now I am using a bolt. I can't think of a reason that a bolt will not work.

Does anyone have the exact dimensions and hole sizes for the Lift Bar used on a 782?

Recently did a small rebuild on my carb which included a new bowl ring, runs nice. Another small engine I have giving me grief, troubleshooting guide inferred that bowl had to be airtight! ? The rubber ring is shot...anyone ever hear of a 'sealed bowl'?. Thought they were vented anyway.

Thomas, it is my understanding that as you found a regular roll pin is too weak. A bolt does not fit tight enough and will eventually wallow out the hole and ruin the driveshaft.

Upon following that advice myself I have used the spirol pins exclusively and have not had a problem. They are only a dollar or two from your favorite dealer. I always keep a couple spares on hand.

Frank,

Governor gear:

I have just been installing a blind roll pin from the ooutside of the block to stake it in place. If the clip that holds it in walks out, it can drop the gear......or, sometimes the gear just grenades on it's own.

(BTW, I think Curt B. from PA came up with this idea way back when.....)

62352.jpg

Nic - I'd give him $5 ... just to learn how to spell HYDRAULIC ! ... some ppl here are wanting my $5 too sometimes ;)

Chris B
I thought you had a 147.

BTW, Your 125 is bleeding all over your mothers garage floor. Its sad to see a 125 in such dis-repair.
bottom.gif

Thomas, Jason is correct a solid pin (aka bolt) in that location will eventually wallow out the holes in the drive shaft and coupler and then the bolt will shear. A spirol pin will give some and resist shearing. As you found out a regular roll pin won't hold up to the stress. Do yourself and your Cub a favor and get a proper spirol pin.

Terry, smack him one for me too! Shudder to think of an abused 125.
angry.gif
roflol.gif

Terry & Kraig,

I have old British bikes and if they don't leak fluid that means their empty. It is hard to switch that mindset! ;)

Yes, I have a 147. I don't know why I keep typing 149. I also have a 125 and a 122 (which I think might have been a 102 in a past life... who knows it has a 12 horse now.).

I don't think the 125 is abused.
dunno.gif
You should have seen the state that I got it in! Now it works & runs really good. I just have too many projects to devout time to seal it up. Given my overflow of projects, I am contemplating of selling it... Although, its a fun tractor
happy.gif
and it would be tough to part with it...
sad.gif
As for being at Mom's, did you see the good work on the backyard? I plan on bringing at least 1 home this weekend.

I want to get my 122 all fixed up for a perfect plow/till tractor and get the 147 into a perfect mowing tractor.

<font color="0000ff">Given my overflow of projects</font>, I am contemplating of selling it... Although, its a fun tractor :) and it would be tough to part with it... :-( As for being at Mom's, did you see the good work on the backyard? <font color="0000ff">I plan on bringing at least 1 home this weekend.</font>

<font color="ff0000">1+1=2</font>
<font color="ff0000">2+2=4</font>
<font color="ff0000">4+4=9</font>
<font color="ff0000">Chris' math adds up different than mine. 1 to many = bring another one home</font>
dizzy.gif

Hi all sarry for be a pain but my 125 is still not runnig when hot ive tried all that you guy mentioned coils,condenser,spark plug,cleaned the fins,points
last night i was playing with it and itll start cold on the 1rst complet turn of the motor then when the engine worms up it stalls no spark at the point or plug the only thing i havent done yet is change the wiring harness and voltige regulator could this be the problem? i did put the MMO in last nightand starterd it a few times should i pull the head and check the valves? im starting to think this tractor has a mind of its own

Chris, perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "abused". My post was meant to be in jest, I should have used this:
jester.gif
Besides, you should see how I treat my 125s.....
yikes.gif
and they're my favorite Cub!
happy.gif

Darren S: After the engine warms up and stalls, if you are not getting spark to the plug or points, then back track the ignition wiring for 12v (leave the ignition switch on) beginning with the (-) side of the coil, then the (+) side, then the in & outputs of the ignition switch, then back to the Amp Meter then to the the battery via the solenoid connection...watch each section of wiring for a break (ohm test) which separates when hot. One of these points will be it...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Latest posts

Back