• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris B, Matt G, Dale M, Jason - You go down to the SANDBOX in the Custom TIN thread and look at the home-made sleeve hitch I made for My 72 MANY years ago (20-25) to pull My Ohio Steel Fabricators plow You'll see I don't have much extending down below the factory rearend of the 72 and even with the 23-8.50 X 12 'Stones I have had bean straw build up under the rearend so bad that I've gotten high centered on the rearend and spun-out at plowdays. Even with My 982 and the 26-12.00X 12 'Stones at the one PD I took it to I really had to watch for fear of getting It high-centered. Just not a whole lot of room under those CC rearends when You drop the right rear tire into the furrow if it's more than 6-7" deep! Your not going to hurt anything under there since it's all heavy cast iron but it IS embarassing! Over at the RPM Forum there's even been a few guys complain about Full Size FARMALLS with Fast-Hitch getting hung up when plowing with tractors like 706/806, and the 56 & 66-series where the Fast-Hitch was still common.

What is the difference between a 1811 and a 782, besides HP?
The supposed 782 I bought yesterday, does not have the number decal, and I did not take serial number tag infor home with me. It has a remote oil filter so I suspect that it is an 18HP and therefore possibly a 1811 instead of a 782. Still can use the engine in the 782 that has the bad KT17 II. Just curious.

Frank-

Serial Number, 1811 doesn't have CCC decal on the fenders or in the headlight panel, 782 may have had an iron rearend, 1811 would not have. The hood decals are radically different. Does the motor have a coil or electronic ignition? Coil means it's a KT-17, no coil and it's an M18.

hello all
ive got a question about my 125 it has the K301 12hp it starts right up when its cold then runs for about 10 to 15 min and gets pretty hot and dies it looses spark at the point then when it cools off it starts right back up any thought would be a hudge help thanks

Chris B..
My dad modified my 149 's sleeve hitch like that years ago... works good. you have to move the lift point in toward the tracor to keep the same lift height. I also drilled another hole in the upper lift bar to move it away for better lift...
62290.jpg

this is the only pic that i have...

BTW, the barbell weight sleeve hitch adapter works great for traction, but gets in the way while backing up in snow...

Darren - Sounds like you have a bad coil if it just shuts off. If it died like running out of gas then the gas cap isn't venting but since you said it has no spark go with the bad coil.

oh and huge has no "d" in it ;)

I have a Cub 122 with creeper gear. When i installed the creeper gear last year I filled it & transmission with 90w gear oil. I noticed this morning in my manual to use hytrans or 30 w oil. I'm confused because it's not a hydrostat trans. Do I need to change the gear oil I put in? Thanks.

thanks Ken ill swap out the coils tonight and give that a try
huge no d got it lol
thanks for the help

Darren - A buddy and I learned that years ago while out on a river with a borrowd boat/outboard. It took us forever to get back a little at a time.

Latest posts

Back