• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbedell

displayname
Roland Bedell
William P:

There could be many problems that could arise that give you the condition you are experiencing.

Let's start with the obvious, is the fluid level to the proper level...??

BTW: What is the Serial Number to your Chassis..?
62205.jpg

Sorry.......The Archive Bug got me..!!!

Glen C., I'll have a look to see what I have for photos for you. I have a fair amount of Brad's tractor.

Question about walbro carb, saw a build up of 1450 someone had done on here few years back,and they had said to drill passage way out to 0.030 for off idle stumble can anyone explain where exactly to drill i am in the process of cleaning and rebuilding my carb now and figured I would make this fix while doing repair, looked in archives if it.s there I could'nt find it. Thanks Jim

Matt G.
If the rod is a Kohler rod you can, the .010 under rods have about a 1/8" hole through the web of the rod, about an 1" above the crank end of the rod.

William, I,like your son am an FAA A&P tech.,and have overhauled several Rolls Royce 250 turbine engines,and find myself learning from these guys on a daily basis! It's amazing to see how much knowledge and experience is yours for the asking.Good luck!
beer2.gif

KEN
I stopped at the dealer with the Cub Cadet 268 Snow Blower and cab. I got the blower after some haggling but the cab is for a Hercules Mower that has a Snow Blower attachment. Guess where the mower is setting...your got it...in the back of the bone yard.... These guys are a little strange....also in the junk tire pile are three sets of 24 x 12 x 12 turf tires that look brand new. When I go back tomorrow to pick up the blower, I am going see what he wants for them..... Also has what appears to be a 782(Yellow-white version) tractor that he says has a blown front seal. I will bet he wants a fortune for it and it will stay there....
Would not mind getting the engine since the last 782 I got, had a small hole in the case of the Series II KT17. Runs fine with the hole...have not figured out how it got there...just above the oil filter...
It is a shame since it is a KT17 II engine.
Waiting on info on how to put the Twin V 20HP engine in the 782...Going to replace the bad 17 with the 20 I got at an auction.

Sorry about the cab....could not budge him...

Well, had a little vacation time last week, and I spent it working on my newly acquired 147. Haven't had to adjust newly installed points in quite a few years, it was great. Replaced condenser, air filter, hydro fluid and filter, engine oil, sediment bowl, spark plug, etc. Also, adjusted the friction nut on the speed control lever. Worked on the deck and blades. She's running great! Installed IH weights and chains and even had enough time to cut the lawn. Thanks for all the help from Digger and the other guys for pointing me in the right direction. My next project is the cooling fan on the drive shaft, any suggestions? Also, the engine runs great, but under a load (PTO engaged and going up hill) at full throttle the engine misses. I worked on the main screw of the carb and this didn't help. Could it be the governor, if it is, any help would be appreciated. Oh, when I showed the tractor to my Kubota owning neighbor, he couldn't believe how well built the CC is. Thanks again, GREAT FORUM!!

Greg - It might be your float level is a tad to low going up hill drawing all the fuel it needs under the load.

Frank - Ya tried ... I'm trying to come up with some $$ for a down payment on a 15x60 Sharp lathe (new $19k - used $2400) so I guess it's really better they want to keep it.

Hey gang was a backhoe attatchment ever avalible for the quiet lines?

Can anyone help me with this current mystery I'm trying to solve? It seems that both the MTD lookup site and the dealer's program have errors every so often. I bought a pan gasket for an 86 today at my local CC dealer, and I thought it looked huge. When I got home I found out I was right. It appears to be the pan gasket for a K241 on up that has an oil base instead of the CC style pan. I looked up the part number of the gasket they gave me on the parts lookup website, and the numbers were identical, yet the gasket was wrong.

The number is: KH-41-041-03

Has anyone gotten a pan gasket for a K-161 or K-181 lately, and if so, what was the part number?

Matt G:

The TC-157, the MTD online lookup, and the Kohler site all state the following:

62226.jpg

My guess, the dealer gave you the wrong gasket, or it was mis-labeled.

just got a 124 that my dad in KY has owned about 20 years. The serial number 268857 shows that it was built in Oct 68, I was born Nov 68. I am glad I found you all. It runs but really needs to be tuned up and given a good going over. It has been sitting in a barn the last couple of years. My dad and I put a new battery in it and cleaned the sediment bowl and carb float bowl and it started right up. this is my house warming gift, having just bought my first house with about an acre of yard.

first off I plan on rewiring it, any hints or tips? Intermittently it won't give me spark to start, I figure something is probably grounding out or opening up. it has the original wiring & the insulation is crumbling off.

so far I have downloaded the operators manual and the kohler service manual and the faq's are great.
thanks
walter

Walter,the spark issue is more than likely the points need to be filed/regapped they are probably glazed over from sitting so long. Welcome to the wonderful world of cub cadets!
buttrock.gif

Hello every one i fond a 125 last night looks to be a really nice tractor underneith about 5 years of dirt and dust this is my firts hydro from what ive heard these hydros are pretty strong units its been sitting for quite some time i got it running last night my question is what do i need to check before i use it to much any im put would be great thanks

WALTER - Replacement wire harnesses are available but You have to look REAL hard since MTD/Cub Cadet just obsoleted all the narrow frame harnesses. I'm restoring the 70 Dad bought brand new back in '65 that has had a Lot of "Customizing" done to the electrical system and I just picked up the new harness last Saturday. $65.00 but the new ignition switch was a Killer....$25.00!
eek.gif
At least it included a new matching key. My Buddy's new switch for His Allis-Chalmers 5020 compact diesel was $20 but the new key was extra!

Darren: Replace all fluids, and use Cub Cadet brand Hydro only. Fluids or contanimation of fluids will cause major problems. If it was mine and especially the Hydro side which I plan on doing this fall (1650) is drain it now, replace with new and then this fall do it again.

Few extra bucks spent but I think it is a good investment. Clean the rearend now also, quick way to check for leaks.

Pops

Thanks Ben
ill change all the fluids hopefully by the weekend ill be mowing the lawn ill Finely get to cut the grass on a real mower in stead of the tinker toy mtd i got in the shed
thanks again

Ken:

Better hurry up and acquire that lathe. I may wnt to steal it so I cam mare rims for my cubs. My lathe is only a small Model B South Bend. oo small to true up rims.
Do use it to make other parts for the cubs from time to time along with my Horizontal/vertical mill. It is old, but still accurate...Old belt drive converted and a Cincinatti Vert head attachment True up my cub heads on it and still want to build me a fixture to bore rods for inserts.

I am headed out to pick up the 268 Snow Blower and what ever else I can bargin him out of!

I'll try the cab again...

Latest posts

Back