• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Michael, here are a few.
20257.jpg

20258.jpg

20259.jpg

20260.jpg

20261.jpg

20262.jpg

Kraig...
How did it get so dirty between pic 1 and pic 2?
I presume someone sells the decals?
I think I saw an advertisement on the site for that.
Thank you, I knew you would come through.
Mike

Kraig,
If mine comes out that nice, I'll be afraid to use it.
I think we can safely presume mine won't.
Is there any way to get the right skid?
Thanks again, Mike

Michael, those are of 3 different decks. Yes the decals are available check the various sponsors links above.

Michael, the photos I posted are not of my deck. Here's what mine looked like a couple of years ago, not much has changed with it as it's still in pieces.
20264.jpg

Kraig,
I can identify with your deck.
20266.jpg

How do you fix this?
Also, is the steering shaft coming out of the tower supposed to be loose?

Michael, it looks like that runner was repaired once already. Best fix would be quality time with a welder. I'm not sure if the half round stock is still available but a similar runner profile was used on other decks perhaps one of the sponsors that sells used parts might have one kicking around.

The steering should not be loose at the top. There should be a plastic bushing that centers the steering shaft in the tube. Perhaps the one on your Original is cracked or missing.

Jim P >
You are correct in that the governer needs to be conected to the throttle some how to control speed with load.
However I did not hook mine up during this test period, I wanted to see if the motor would run, it does, but unable to control engine speed.
Throttle cable is not hooked up, govener not hooked up, just trying to get motor to run befor all fine tuneing is needed.
A fellow forum member will rebuild my carb for me.

And the governor keeps the engine from running too fast (with or without load) and blowing up. Must've missed the part in the manual about NOT running the engine without the governor connected...

HA!!! Here is proof, Art actually owns more than just sandals...
20269.jpg

20270.jpg

Actually, I am surprised that Art didn't have sandals on in this parade... But I guess it's OK to wear them for safe operation of items like 59M, tractor operations, and "other" things...
20271.gif

Travis >
The govener may control the engine speed on a working carb, however my carb is not working corectly.
If you remove the govener linkage and the throttle cable and move the throttle by hand you can control the engine speed.
I am trying to get the bugs worked out of the carb so I can hook up the govener linkage and throttle cable.
I hold the throttle at just past idle and the engine hunts / races up and down without any movement of the throttle, I have tried hooking up the govener linkage and it makes no difference.
I belive the problem is in the carb itself. Thats why I am haveing a fellow forum member rebuild it for me.
This is not ment as a attack on you knowlage of carbs or any other fourm members, I just know that this carb is not working correctly.
Did not miss the part in the manual on govener needing to be hooked up. It can be held in place by hand and engine will still hunt/ race up & down.

(Message edited by lbuttke on July 09, 2004)

I have tried adjusting both high and low speed adjustment needles with no affect.
I replaced carb with a known good carb from different motor and the engine will run smooth as silk ( so to speek ) no hunting at all, which has lead me to belive the carb needs overhauling which it will get once it arrives at its destination. I hope to have this tractor up and running by the time I have to plow under my garden this fall, I need a second tractor for my father to play ( plow ) with.

Lonny, I hope that you have success in getting the carb problems corrected. FWIW, the carburators on the Kohlers are not very difficult to rebuild. For the most part, all they really need is to be cleaned out. IMHO, the only important part of assembly is the adjustment of the float. Then after the assembly, just the adjustment of it...

Kevin Dunham,

I saw the OCC Miller bike at Iola today. I picked up a show brochure if you want it but no autograph. It will probably be at the Miller tent at the EAA show as well.

I also saw a Harley with a Ford 60 V8 in it. About a year ago someone posted a desire to find a 60 to put into a Cub but I cant find anything using Search. If that person is still reading this forum I have the name of the guy with the bike. He claims to have 12 of them (Ford 60 V8s) and is looking for buyers. Email me and I can send you his name and contact info

JimE

Jim E.- I was thinking about going up there,is the bike going to be there all wekend?

The Iola Car Show... Now that brings back some fond memories... I sure loved going there as a kid... I always thought that the swap meet was as fun if not more fun than the Car Show itself...

I wrote danuser for some literature on my digger and Mr. Danuser e-mailed me back the next day telling me he would send me a copy of he only piece they had left and that blades were stil available. Thought it was pretty neat that after 94 years in business a family member took the time to write me back. there e-mal is www.danuser.com

Latest posts

Back