• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to post twice in a row, but I'm confused about something in the orig. I have to push the pedal all the way down to get the drive shaft to totally stop spinning, but if I push it half-way I can shift gears without grinding. I guess I don't really understand how the clutch/driveshaft arrangment on the orig is supposed to act. everything is lubed,greased. How does one properly adjust this or is mine ok. my other original seems to be the same so I don't know. very stumped,sos

I'm putting a three-point hitch on a 106.

The lift bar attaching plate argues with the bolts that hold the rockshaft sopport. This limits the movement of the lift lever.

Using shorter bolts on the rockshaft support would seem to solve the problem, but I've never heard this discussed before. Has anyone else had this problem?

Of course the rear rockshaft bolt has a loose nut on it rather than a welded one like the rest - now thats going to be fun with the bar and plate in place.

Kevin,

As far as I know it will be there for the whole show. There are 2 Miller tents. One is in the swap area. The bike is at the one over in the back of the show area, west of the tower. Sunday is free for spectators.

Kevin,

I forgot - if you go email me for directions for the back way into the show, dont take the main roads. Come at it directly from the south, not through Scandinavia.

Lonny , sounds like a gas supply problem , check your sediment bowl & tank , then you may have to rebuild the carb

Got home yesterday, but I need more powerful drugs. They only keep the pain at bay for about 3 hours, and I get an hour or so of torture.

Hospital bed is set up in the living room and Amanda and Cyrus are taking care of me best they can. Lots of calls from locals and friends from far away. Cards are starting to pour in now.

WIll be laid up in the hospital bed for 3 months except for potty breaks, and can't put weight on the ankle for 6 months. Won't be plowing this fall, but I don't know if we will make the trip or not. Will have to decide closer to the time of the show.

Welcome home, "Gimpy":
Since you're essentially tied to the bed for 6 months, you won't be able to chase me off the yard if I come over and help myself to whatever I want from your inventory of stuff.

Saa-Weeet! See, something good DOES comes out of something bad after all.

later,
"Dad" aka "Grandpa" Ehrecke

Ryan-Too bad you're so far away,I have some "big ones" that'll make you happy for 6 hours straight.
wink.gif
Yes,they're from my doctor,nothing illegal. Get better,we can't have a lame Cubber out there!

Ryan......guess we now know who will be able to recite EVERY plow day CD verbatim now, don't we........
happy.gif

Will the power wheel chair be a gear-jammer or slush box?

For that hour of pain that you have, you need to look at the good side. Think of the poor saps who own a Brand X. They have that pain 24-7......
happy.gif

Question: My brother's 782D has a small mechanical fuel pump in addition to the injection pump and electric transfer pump. Mine does not. There is no mention of one in the literature. Did they come both ways??

Thanks to Tom,Travis,and Kevin for your suggestions. Unfortunately I already bypassed the ground and I don't have any other safety switches on this one.It was in a million pieces when I bought it for $150 (it was my first cub) and everything that had to do with safety switches had long since been removed and had quite a bit rigging on it.It worked for about 5 years but always gave trouble but would cut great. It might be time to give it up, but I'll probably won't. Thanks James

Well it's time for another "Look what followed me home" story!
buttrock.gif

Believe it or not I missed these in the local paper in the auction section. (my wife pointed them out to me. I would have never went)
One is a ser. #3361 and the other is a low 5 didgit number.
I can't say how much I paid for them, but let me tell you I was the ONLY Cub Cadet <font color="ff0000">FREAK-O</font> there.
rofl.gif

I have a question. Is the SG bracket an early original or is it a fab job??
20281.jpg

20282.jpg

20283.jpg

20284.jpg

Kent the early generators had a welded bracket the cast one came later on.

Kevin-
Check to see if there are differences in the fuel filter and or strainer, then check to see if there's a difference in the model number on the pump. I'm thinking the pump should be a Denso/Nippondenso, if so I've got some stuff on those pumps and could do some checking. If it's a Stanadyne I've got a little information, but probably little that would help.

can anyone tell me of a web site where i can get information on a 1811 cub? i just trader for one an do not have anykind of information on it .downloadable manuals would be nice .thanks

Wyatt- I know the injection pump itself is a Bosch,not sure about the smaller mechanical feed pump. I'll have to do some snooping. Thanks....
happy.gif

Got a question for the Narrow Frame guys.

A friend has a 123 that we are having trouble keeping a driveshaft/coupler pin in.
A couple of months ago I put a used driveshaft and coupler in it with a new pin and it stayed until a couple of weeks ago. I tried putting a hardened bolt in it and it got sheared off. I put the pin in again and tried to retain it with a hose clamp. It put holes in the clamp until it pushed it off. The coupler has very little wear from the pin. Does it need to be perfect and not allow any movement? I had to drive the pin in. Does the hole in the driveshaft get worn and allow the pin to act like this?
I only have 3 1xx series that don't get any hours, so I haven't run into this yet. Thanks.

Back