• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Travis, too much beer? Electric fence behind a row of spruce trees? Ouch! :eek:)

Kent S., nice find! You DID thank your wife I hope! :eek:)

Bart, the 147 could have come with either a black or a yellow S/G, IIRC <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> started buying them directly from Delco during that series as it was cheaper than getting them through Kohler.

Shawn, that's a great story about Danuser.

Thanks Kraig, the clutch plates must be sticking or something. I have to just about step on the brake to get the shaft to stop turning. The tractor sits most of the time and rarely gets used. Can I tap the plates a little to get the to loosten up or will that hurt them,any easy fixes?

Shawn L. -

Yep, that'll happen.

Take a flat blade screwdriver and gently twist it in there, it'll pop free. Take care not to mangle the clutch material
wink.gif

My Original (a trailer queen) gets parked with the brake set so the clutch won't stick like that.

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Cub Cadet Connection in Huntington, In has a new phone number in service yet? I had been communicating with Scott through email but have lost contact and need to talk to him about purchasing some parts. Thanks for any info.

Digger-

The phone # listed on their website has been disconnected. The last time that he emailed me he was working on getting a new service added.

Ryan,Hope a quick(as possible) and solid recovery of that shattered leg. I was gonna kid you about having it JB welded,but of course ol' Kraig went and beat me to it! Just remember,give it time to mend right,you only get one shot! Don't hurry it along or it'll never get back to clutch-pedal using form ;-)

Is the bottom shaft bearing retainer the same in a transmission for an Original as the one in something from a 70? Seemed to have misplaced the parts somewhere when I had a transmission torn down, now can't find the part.

Wyatt -

Appears to be. It's the top one that's different.

Anybody going to the Freeport, IL show the weekend of the 23rd, 24th, and 25th?

I'm thinking of bringing my 128 if I can get it to clean up somewhat. Won't be the prettiest thing there, but should look nicer than it looks now
happy.gif

Matt G. -

I may drop by for a day. They say it's always the hottest and most humid days of the year for that show. But the cream puffs are worth it...
lol.gif

Anybody have any info on that freeport show next weekend TIA

Thanks Bryan,I'll do that. kraig posted that exploded view of the clutch could you give me a number off of it where you would stick the flat blade.thanks again in advance.

Rob D.-

Fri-Sun, July 23-25
35th Annual Old Time Threshing & Antique Show
Stephenson County Fairgrounds, Freeport, Illinois.
Feature Tractor: Minneapolis-Moline.
Call 815-235-2198.

<font size="-2">my apologies to the website I borrowed this from</font>

Is a 382 hydro Cadet lawn tractor on-topic or off-topic for this forum? Picked up a nice, un-molested one today for $100 bucks.

Off topic, but they are neat little tractors in their own right...especially if they aren't all beat up. They make nice "go-carts" and "golf carts" at tractor shows.

Back