• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I'd leave the original setting, I think all that washer would do is make the clutch a tad stiffer, which wouldn't be a bad thing IMHO.

Hey Wayne - I had a look see at the CCC Parts Look-up and it shows 2 washers as part of the Compression Spring.

732-3016 SPRING-COMPRESSION
736-0156 Washer, 21/32 X 1 X 11 Ga

The washers are the 2nd item under No. 2 on the parts list, and would you believe it - the washers are still available for $2.43 EACH

I think you're right Charlie. I plan to put things back as they were. I just don't remember having two washers in the past...just one. But that could be some PO crap too.

I should finish up the 128 tomorrow. The engine is finished and ready to run. I'll finish the clutch assembly and put the deck back together, mount it, and be done.

I've never seen so much rigging done to a cub. I'd like to have a conversation with this tractors PO. The good news is I got most of it back to normal or OEM.

Hydro-

I haven't seen any washers for this clutch assembly yet. Pop bought the service manual in '73 for our 128 and, as I mentioned, it only shows a washer for the QL gear drives assembly. I didn't see any in parts lookup either. I don't understand because these washers serve a needed purpose.

I am looking for help on the starter generator issue with the blue generator wire connected starter keeps spinning model 124

Michael C.
You need to check the wires.
biggrin.gif

316013.jpg

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 128
  • 316013.jpg
    316013.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 111
  • 316013.jpg
    316013.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 107
HydroHarry: Going back to my July 1st comment about my electric lift and the rockshaft. (sorry, I've been gone and way too busy to check in lately).

I'm assuming you mean the pivot point that the lift attaches to that rotates and lifts the deck? Sorry if I'm out of the loop on terminology.

With my capabilities, fabricating something is not going to be an issue. I've only gotten the front axle in the parts washer to soak and clean up. Then on to repairing pivot bushing, getting new tires for it, painting rims, fix up the spindles, etc and somehow get it all bolted back together. It will likely be a month or so before that all happens. I wish I could work faster on it, but it is too far down on the list.

Larry - you got me when it comes to correct terminology on the rockshaft parts, but these pics might help you. Top pic is of the electric lift rockshaft. Your manual lift will have the upper bracket part that is straight up/down. You won't have the reverse S shaped part that's welded onto it. The 2nd pic is of the reverse S shaped bracket used on a narrow frame "hydraulic" lift. This bracket just gets bolted to the rockshaft. I don't know why IH welded the electric version and bolted the hydraulic style. I think you can tell from the pic that the horizontal part of the reverse S bracket on the electric version is a little wider than the hydraulic version. You could check with David Schwandt on here. He has some history of making the bracket for the hydro lift and he might be able to give you some advice on making one for the electric lift - but without an exact copy I'll believe you'll find it hard to do.
316017.jpg

316018.jpg

Attachments

• 316017.jpg
    316017.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 316018.jpg
    316018.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 316017.jpg
    316017.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 316018.jpg
    316018.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 117
I stand corrected on y 6:31 AM post yesterday.
The Macon MO show IS NOT the summer show for Chapter #1 IHCC.
That show is in Montgomery City, MO in Aug.
Sorry bout that!
Not enough coffee and too early in the AM!!

David - hey, no problem. The year is just over 1/2 over and I've made 2 mistakes. It happens when you get older. I remember when I never made mistakes. I think it was last year, but mighta been the year before. And it's not usually because it's early AM and no coffee. It's usually late in the PM and to much
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 123
Back