• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhomrighausen

displayname
Marlin Homrighausen
Ron S. The kitties aren't upset seeing a dog on a Cub Cadet. Fancy thinks it's neat when he sees dogs riding in cars and trucks.

It's still too hot for me to be outside for along period of time.

Those vintage pictures were great!

When I read the quotes I couldn't help but notice how many people had made or modified implements to work with their Cub Cadets. What it made me think is how do many people nowadays don't think like that. If they have a problem they buy a solution or pay someone to fix it. I am so thankful to be blessed with skills and ambition to tackle problems myself. This is a way of thinking I want to pass down to my boys.

Quick question. I found a 782 axle for sale with 1" spindles. Will these spindles fit a 169 without any modification? I just want larger spindles for future planning. Thanks.

George, the 169 and the 782 both use the same front axle P/N: 759-3270, so the spindles from a 782 axle should fit on a 169 axle.

George L,

The 782 spindles will fit on your 169 just fine but you will also need to get a set of wheel rims that have the larger 1" Dia. ID bearings to go with the larger spindle axles. The rims on your 169 currently should have 3/4" dia. ID bearings.

Thanks Kraig, I've had a set of wheels (for the larger bearings) waiting a long time for this upgrade. Now I have to go reread all the V61 versus tri-rib debates for the wider front wheels!

Thanks Ron, our posts crossed. Yep, got the larger 1" wheels all ready. Any idea what part number for the larger bearing? I have TC-157 for the 169 and it shows the 3/4" bearing IH-384881-R93 on page 93. The tire reference I made refers to post https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/104/291858.html?1415322915. Who is the guy in the blue shirt and red hat, and the gentleman behind him with the white beard? Are those the V61's on the blue shirt red cub? I'd like to see them next to 16x6.50 tri-ribs for comparison.

Looks like this gentleman bought a recoil start and decided to upgrade. A couple mentioned rear pto running elevators.

316006.jpg

Attachments

• 316006.jpg
    316006.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 316006.jpg
    316006.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 140
Good morning!
JUst Checking in for from POrtage WI.
NIce show, but us CUb fans, the few of us that are here anyway, are badly outnumbered by green, orange, white and just about any other color you can think of!!
Auction this AM w/proceeds going to the WWII museum here in town.

Good afternoon from Portage Lake, Maine.
happy.gif

I should have an auction! I'm kind of enjoying one of Don T.'s pastimes - waiting for parts!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 134
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 134
Ugh, round zerks. Are these pressed in? Will they unscrew? Front axle from a 782. I want to sand blast and paint, maybe leave zerks in until after blasting. But gotta be replaced while I have everything apart. Thanks.
316010.jpg

Attachments

• 316010.jpg
    316010.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 316010.jpg
    316010.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 132
Hey Mike F - I'm getting closer. I got the back side of the mounting plate for the 169 air cleaner painted today. I like to coat the inside with clear and still have to do that. Next I'll put a kit in the carb, install the shroud and tin work, and then install the engine back into the 169. I still have to clean up and paint the heat shield and then I think I'll have everything ready. My guess is that she'll be running in about a month. Ya, I know - a long time, but I only get a few hours each weekend to spend on it if I'm lucky. To many other projects going on. And I need to get over to see Dave Calkins to get a look see at his 169 wiring.

George - yup, like Charlie said, the new ones are push in. He didn't tell you how to get the old ones out. You pull, twist, yank, cuss, hope it doesn't break off, and hope it comes out. Since you have a newer unit (well newer than most on here
happy.gif
) maybe you'll be lucky. Let us know how you do get it out.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 132
Thanks Charlie, does that mean they simply pull out? I'd try it but I dont want to mess them up it it doesn't work. I also wished I saved an earlier set of those Lutco bearings. They are expensive when you replace four.

George....
Leave it in, just wrap it good w/some duct tape.

Heading home from Portage this AM.
Over 750 garden tractors here for this show. Getting bigger each year!

Very Few Cubs though.

Josh Stertz, great to see you there!

Next up will be Macon, Mo. end of this month. Will be MO IH Chapter summer show so should be Cubs the re!

Question in general...

I'm reassembling the clutch today for my friends 128. It was missing the spacer cup for the teaser spring but had two thrust washers, front and back on the main spring. I don't remember there being two of these washers...only one on the rear. Parts lookup doesn't show washers. I'm obviously going back with the spacer and new teaser and was wondering if I should leave the front washer out.

TIA for any replies.

George L.
Personally I've never taken out one that wasn't broken off. I use a zerk/grease buster to clean them out.
Never saw the need to replace something that wasn't broke, LOL
Like Harry said,
" You pull, twist, yank, cuss, hope it doesn't break off, and hope it comes out."

Wayne S.
Like the Service manual shows, there are no thrust washers, but I've seen many guys put one between the spriol pin and the teaser spring, which only makes sense not to have the teaser spring riding on the spirol pin.

Thanks Charlie-

I'm assuming that with a washer between the teaser and the moving pressure plate any spacing difference could be adjusted out(?). I've never put one there. And I don't understand why IH didn't show at least the washer behind the main spring. I checked the service manual as well which...shows a washer for the QL gear drive clutch yet no washers period on the 128 clutch/drive shaft.

Back