• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 31, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmdaugherty

displayname
J. Michael Daugherty
Hi Everyone!

Everett, I'm not sure if anyone answered your question about magnetic heaters. I have a 200 watt Zerostart "Super Heat Magnet". I haven't needed it lately, but when I've used it in the past, I just popped it on the center flat spot on the bottom of the hydro. Let it heat for 20 min and the engine cranks much, much faster. The heater has a thermostat that shuts off at 250 degrees, but I doubt that I ever ran it long enough to get that warm.

Also, I pulled the heater off before using the tractor because it probably wouldn't stay in place during use.

Seems to be something wrong with the picture on the last page. Its of the discharge shield.

Kevin, you are the victem of what we call the archive bug. Please resend your pics and they will show up this time.
Tim K

Does anyone know why the pictures don't always load. It s seem totally random. If I refresh the screen they may show up and previous ones may not. I can always click on it and get it to show, but it just annoying. I've tried it in IE, FireFox, and Chrome and its the same.
What gives.

Dang, glad I checked back. I thought the bug hit, but I checked and the picture was still there. Try this again.
114101.jpg

Brennan..it's a glitch somewhere. I've tried everything from a complete cleaning of my HD to (ugh...quivering)trying IE again. Same results.

Hit the F5 key instead of hitting reload.
bouncy.gif

It bypasses the cache, which you might think about dumping at least once a week.

Hitting the F5 key... I just learned something new today. Now I have 23 hours and 56 minutes that I don't have to learn anything else for the rest of the day.

114104.jpg

Should number 4 be painted white or yellow. Mine was yellow, but I see in Kevin's picture it is white. BTW, GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nick

Quick question for everyone. Looking at buying a sleeve hitch plow. Which is more desireable, an 8" or 10". Looking to pull it behind anything from a 108 to 169. Thanks, Josh

Hi Everyone,

This is my first message to post, hopefully I do it correctly. I am trying to change the voltage regulator on a model 70 from a 4 post to a 3 post. It appears that the wire on the extra post "L" goes back to the key switch. Is it true that this is a ground, and as long as I have a good ground from the voltage regulator to the tractor I can omit using this wire? Thanks, Gary

Charlie,

I hit the F5 key and I might get the same pictures, different pictures, more pictures, lose pictures that I have already seen. It seems to be totally random. If I know that there is a picture in a certain post, then I may have to click on the post and hit F5 many times to get the picture. I have given up before and never saw the posted picture. I think there is more to it than my cache or the F5 key.

FWIW
dunno.gif

Gary O: NO that is not a ground wire!! The wire from the L terminal on the 4 terminal version is a hot terminal to the key switch. The the other wire from the key switch goes to the (+) terminal of the coil providing ignition to the engine...

To change to a 3 post put that wire on the Bat terminal (like the L terminal on a 4 post, it's also a hot terminal).

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Ken/Charlie-
I get the same thing (random picture loads, missing photos, etc)using FireFox when I view this forum so I use IE for this forum, and FireFox for everthing else.

There may be a better way, but I can't figure it out.
dunno.gif

Charlie: FWIW: It must be in their water...I use Vista with IE on this computer and XP with IE on the shop computer and don't have those problems on either...BTW, I use that VSO image resizer I got from you with Vista and the MS Power Toy resizer with XP. Either/both works well and almost the same.

Myron B

Myron-
PAY ATTENTION!!
rofl.gif

There's nothing in the water around these parts. IE works just fine with the forum, it's FIREFOX that doesn't seem to like something here.

IMHO, it's not a big deal, as I'll just continue using IE to view the forum.

Now about VISTA... Sorry about your operating system....
wedgie.gif

ART - We had a catastrophic hard drive failure on the home PC about 2 months ago....so I had to give up My XP Professional O/S....and get Vista. I have to admit it's not as bad as a lot of people say but I'd sure go back to XP in a hearbeat if I could.

ANYHOW....to keep this post on topic....NICE looking deck Kevin!
I'm planning on doing some deck upgrades to the 50C before spring. Same things Steve did to one of His decks and posted pic's. I've never been really happy with the way that W-I-D-E deck mowed. When I'm done maybe I can let it run on the ground and mow level.

I'm wondering, everyone talks about a 50c mower deck. My serial number tag has mine down as a 50u. Whats the difference between them
1a_scratchhead.gif

JMDaugherty- who sells that heater?
And on a "knew it would work" note-since plow and Cub are functioning fine the 12"+ snow orig forecast for west PA is now down to 1-3". By Monday probably be no snow, and anyone with plow tractor must report to "re-education facility"
pcwhack.gif

Back