• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 29, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks!!!!
You do not see too many wide frame with the creeper drive or at least I don't.
I was browsing the parts books and I see where the creeper drives are the same for the narrow and wide frames.Is the shorter clutch assembly the same also?
Picked up a 128 yesterday!!!!
Is this right???
G.L.

GL: I don't know for sure about a WF clutch (because I have never owned a WF gear drive), but the clutch shaft for my 122 has a 'groove' in it.....when using a creeper, you cut the driveshaft off at that groove, and this shortens the driveshaft up to the correct length for use with the creeper...the rest of the clutch assembly remains the same.

IIRC, the only difference between the NF and WF creepers, in the length of the handle (WF is longer)

BTW, congrads. on your 'new' 128
thumbsup.gif

(Message edited by Bcook on February 05, 2006)

Thanks Will Bill.
I am in the process of converting a 12 HP to an electric start. I am tired of the cold weather starting of the STARTER/GENS.I have most of the parts. I need some info on the electric starter. I ran a search and was overwhelmed with all the different electrical starters.
What amount of teeth do I need on the starter? Do I need a low or high mount?
Thanks in advance.
G.L.

I answered my own question. I found a 10 tooth electric starter to complete my change over.
Lots of work ahead.
G.L.

Whooooo Hoooooo!!!! A #112 McMaster-Carr catalog just showed up in the mail here at work. Looks like #109 will be going home with me.
happy.gif

I have asked for a catalog from them quite a few times, never get one.

I spent over a grand with them last year too!

sad.gif

I use old #107 book (Mcmaster Carr) along with their webb site, they did a great job when they designed it.

Jim, I requested one a month or so ago and was basically told that there was no chance of getting one. This one came addressed to a coworker, he didn't want it soooooo I get it.

Hmmm, I wonder if the one I have at home, #102, or is it #107, would be worth anything on ebay..... :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on February 06, 2006)

I was out unloading a trailer full of 6' logs tonight with the grapple. The throttle on the 147 slowly creeps to the slow side. I will set it to about 3/4 throttle, then after about a minute or two I am at about 1/4. Any ideas how to stiffen the throttle linkage? I didn't look at the throttle handle but is there a nut, or something, I can tighten? Any ideas would be great.

TERRY Most throttle cables can be tighten at the pivot of the trottle lever. I think a 7 16 wrench and a philips screwdiver is all you need. The hard part is getting in to do it'

The McMaster-Carr catalog I had at home was #108.
happy.gif

Terry, you'll often find holes drilled through the fiberglass dashes so that people can get to the screw head on the throttle control with the phillips screw driver, but it can be done with a right angle screwdriver.

33736.jpg

Here's a picture of a 125 that I parted a few years ago. A previous owner drilled through the dash. Looks like they missed the first time, that or the second hole was for viewing.

KRAIG - Sure is sad to see some of the modifications done to CC's to "improve" servicability. That was a really good dash until someone got the drill out. I had to repair the dash on My 129 when I redid it many years ago.... It was in "One Piece" but that's about as far as I'd go describing It's condition. A cheap fiberglass boat repair kit works wonders to fix them up.

Denny, yeah it was a stupid thing for the PO to have done. That dash was in excellent condition. I parted that 125 but the frame, dash, fenders steering column and pedistal went to a guy that had a huge white pine fall on his 105. I still have the rest of the parts and I do have plans for it. I believe the rod is broken in the K301 but I have not opened it up to verify I'm hopeful that it can be rebuilt. Here's what the other sides of the dash looked like.

33738.jpg

33739.jpg

Charlie, I think I lost money on that deal, I drove to pick the Cub up then I took it apart then delivered it to the guys doorstep.

Question; Do any of the sponsors sell carb kit with new shaft and bushing to repair 1450 #30 carb it's not a walbro!

James, yes, CC Specialties has them listed on the website and I'm about 99% certain that Madson's and C&G also have them. Here's some info that may help you order the correct item(s). Please note that the last image showing the 2 throttle arm variants is for the 7hp carbs.

33741.jpg

33742.jpg

33743.jpg

33744.jpg

Thanks Steve,
I just used 2 7/16 inch wrenches from underneath.
thumbsup.gif
Now I just need to fix the Hydro leak.
thumbsdown.gif
I know what your thinking..... "Just take the fenders off and look for the leak". Well, when I added the loader hydraulics I used the "toolbox" to store the hydraulic reservoir. This means I will have to disconnect the hoses to pull the tank to get to the bolts on the bottom of the toolbox. And that might get messy. Oh well.
33754.jpg

This weekend I visited a friend of mine to collect some logs. I sometimes wonder how I got along without the grapple. Here is a photo of the 3/4 unloaded load.
33755.jpg

Unloading 6 foot logs make short work of the load.
33756.jpg

33757.jpg

33758.jpg

I did have to modify my ramps. At first I put planks on the ramps but the chains would just spin on the wood. I decided to add some angle irons between the stock angles. This stopped the wheels from bouncing as I drove up the ramps. I was afraid of busting an axle. (I realize its hard to see from this angle.)
33759.jpg

These "big boys" needed to be pushed. I suspect they weigh over 400 lbs each. My butt was flapping in the breeze when I tried lifting them.
33760.jpg

Ah, another "expletive" that doesn't understand anything about using someone else's graphics in their auctions - using them without permission and wasting my server's bandwidth.

ePay. 7743074239.
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back