• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 29, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah Scott has the K4278! Even nicer
happy.gif
Oh and what nice horsepower...

You just might give the Bluniers some competition!

buttrock.gif
war.gif

I checked with my local Cub dealer here in Pa. and one of the sponsors regarding part # IH-548040-R3 (1650 remote hydraulic cylinder)to find that this part is no longer available. Does anyone know if this part is available as an after market part and where I can purchase one? Or does anyone know of a company that manufactures these smaller hydraulic cylinders? Any information would be appreciated.

The official USA groundhog (Jimmy the groundhog of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin) did not see his shadow today.

Unlike the east coast imposter PUNKSatawney Phil (who did see his shadow......from the TV camera lights no doubt!!) Jimmy has predicted an early SPRING.

Get your CUB CADET mower decks checked over now. You will be using them soon!!!

See Jimmy's website here including his webcam and chat froum!!!

http://www.groundhogcentral.com/contacts.php

Jimmy rules!! PUNKSatawney Phil druels!!

Ken,
This just in from the Peoria News line:

"A local man is credited with the first sighting of a groundhog's shadow. Steve Blunier, resident of Metamora was removing snow when he mistakenly hit a ground hog. The groundhog, affectionately named Jabba by the neighborhood children, was seriously injured and rushed to the Roanoke vetrinary hospital for treatment. Blunier refused to comment on the incident but overheard telling his wife that the Cub Cadet was fine."
33712.jpg

Dave B,

There's generally some on eBay (or ePay as some like to call it) for sale by guys that are parting Cubs out (I know, sad but true) Here's a current listing number with a complete hydraulic lift cylinder and valve. (Item #7741675469).

I know IH purchased the hydraulic lift valve assemblies from Cessna but I'm not sure if the cylinders were made by them or not. Could be Cessna used these actuators on their airplanes somewhere.

Ray, looks like it was the neighborhood children that altered that photo....
happy.gif

Kraig,
Yeah, ya gotta squint...
joker.gif

In re-reading it, it looks like they also wrote the text.

Anybody know the approximate spring rate for a spring assist for an original? I am thinking it might be about 20 pounds per inch but if someone knows it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Harry, this style spring assist? If so I doubt anyone will have your answer. :eek:(

33715.jpg

33716.jpg

A few years ago Mike Masheris was making reproduction spring assists for Originals. I bought some parts from him for my Original. I believe he was using springs from semi truck brakes. Perhaps Mike will see this and comment.

I'll try to remember to take a few photos of what I have tonight. I have not installed it yet as I am still in the process of refurbishing my Original.

Kraig,

Yes, that is the type I am talking about. I have the bracket but no spring. I think I might try cutting a garage door spring and testing. I know I can eventually find it but just wanted to narrow the search. When I figure out a reasonable rate I will post it for future tinkers. Thanks for your input.

Apostle,
HEY!! What about our Woodstock Willie?? I'll bet he's getting some press.

Ray "L",
I think your drawing is misleading. If a Cub Cadet trower hit the Ol' Woodchuck there wouldn't be that much left to even draw!

Tom H...Woodstock Willie??? Did he ride in on the METRA??? I heard the WEBER grille folks had him for dinner.

Ray....."scratch" one groundhog from life in Central IL........I think a 59M shredder would be a better tool.

Ron S,

Thanks for the info on the hydraulic cylinder. It will be a tough item to track down, as I kind of expected.

Who would have the gall to label Punxsutawney Phil an impostor? This is heresy. However, my disdain for this creature far outweighs any redeeming qualities it might have. I would be more than willing to roundup all of my freeloading groundhogs and ship them anywhere in the state of Wisconsin (the proclaimed Groundhog Capital). Please provide a forwarding address.

Dave Beck,
You can ship all the ground hogs you have to Madison Wi.
A few more hogs of any kind in the state capital would not even get noticed
rofl.gif

Ken,
Woodstock, Illinois is where they filmed the movie Groundhogs Day with Bill Murry. Wille is a fixture since then.

Harry, here is the reproduction spring I mentioned yesterday that I bought from Mike M. The blue springs are what he made it from a brake spring from a semi. I bought several parts from him and he threw in the blue springs as spares. I don't know yet how well the spring works as I don't have the Original back together yet.

33721.jpg
33722.jpg

Kraig,

Thanks for the help and pictures. Mike also emailed me some info.

Good luck with your original. I really enjoyed putting mine together and use it almost daily pushing dirt one way then back the other way. The blade gets a little heavy after a couple of hours - so need the helper spring.

Harry

Harry, glad to help.

Mike M., thanks for helping!
happy.gif

I recently inquired about the remote hydraulic cylinder on the 1650 which is no longer available as a Cub replacement part. Today I traveled to Beiler Hydraulics in Leola, Pa. They custom make hydraulic cylinders in addition to carrying a wide array of other hydraulic components. I am pretty sure one of their custom made cylinders would replace the 1650 cylinder and it was reasonably priced.

Back