• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 28, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlie/Aaron,
GREAT IDEA!! You may want to consider stretching out the link between the blade and hitch. With such a small area betwen the tire and the material you scrape up , the material will be building up to and on to the tires. Wome times when running Road graders like the Cat 140 if you get the moldboard too full it becomes a problem.

thumbsup.gif

Aaron/CHARLIE,
LIKE IT!
Charlie,might need some boot to trade with you,on the weather.But looks like you are having way to much fun anyway!
Tom this reminded me,did you have a pin to sell for my I.H. blade?If not bet Charlie has a blade where Aaron could measure the pin and make a few to sell.
ROD

Tom H.
I've got 26x12's on the old work horse, so it makes the blade closer than with smaller tires.
BUT, we've already discussed making the mount longer.
Also, Aaron is going to start making the sleeve hitch adapters 3" longer for the guys that want to leave the tiller boxes on all the time.

Just looking at the pictures of all that snow makes me shiver!! I broke out the 129 for some yard clean-up duty today.

220419.jpg

It was a humidity free 72deg.
err.gif

220420.jpg

220421.jpg

Good Cub Cadet day, 125 with snowthrower worked as it should finally. The junk yard 126 had started smoking so I tried the MMO trick and I think it worked. Little puff of smoke when it first started and then cleared right up. Now the 127 is another story, doesn't like the cold and doesn't want to start. Ahh 2 out of 3 not to bad. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Heated up the garage and finally the 127 started. Its got to be the Hydro.

I am not sure if this is the right section for a question so forgive me if it is not. I recently bought my first restore project. She is a '62 cub cadet. I changed the oil in the transmission and think that I put too much back in. It is slowly dripping oil out of a hole in the lh rear axle carrier. Is this because it has too much oil? Or is it another issue that I have to deal with? thanks again any input would be appreciated

Tim P, welcome, what model Cub do you have? A hydro or stick shift...and R U talking about the fill plug on the tranny back plate??

Hey, Charlie. How thick is that blade you are playing with? I have one bent very similar that is .375 thick. Does a real fine job, due to the weight of the blade itself.

KennyP

Allen, no it is a cub cadet "original" 3 speed. i am pretty sure that i overfilled it because when removing the plug on the side to see if it has oil it started coming out. the oil was dripping out of a hole on the lh rear axle side. just want to make sure that i just overfilled it or do i have some seal leakage somewhere. i am new to this thing. love these things. have my eye on a 125 sitting in the woods behind a guys house. thanks again for your input

Timothy-

Sounds like you probably have a bad axle seal. Look for the service manual here so you can learn how to change it. I'd change the axle bushings while you are in there.

matt, thanks. i tried to post pics of it but they are always too large.

Digger - Is it the weight of that rear blade or the angle of the ground contact that makes it work so well without any added weight? Or maybe a combination of the two?

Ken, the blade is .125" thick. The top brackets are .3125" thick. It weighs just enough to keep it on the ground. Of course we are short on play dirt up here at the moment so we had to use the next best thing.

Greg, the angle of the bottom of the blade will make it continue to pull down during use. Second round prototype will include a trailer hitch on back, and an attachment for weight - probably weight lifting weights, and another inch or so added to the length to move it back some.

Wanted to keep it close to the tractor to keep the see-saw action out of it. Get it too far back and you will not get a good cut. Will be offering it in a 42" and a 54".

Looks for updated pics and info soon. SPRING is COMING - sometime hard to believe it with all the snow this year.

Aaron,
How about making the hitch part you mentioned look like a sleeve hitch so you can mount the blade backwards, too..

One of the reasons to make this blade simple is to keep the cost down. It does not require any welding (so far) and will ship easily and inexpensively. If i add too much more to it, then the cost will go up. Goal is to keep it under $150.

Latest posts

Back