• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 28, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Michael E. Ross

The shifter Cup has broken free and is moving around and not in place. Take the shifter off an look at where the Cup is from the bottom. Re weld and if worn CCS sells them I think.
thumbsup_old.gif

Dennis/Art,
OK, I understand the casting Dept. wasn't worried about the IHC to the IH change, but what machinery used that wheel weight?? I thought it was designed for the Cub fronts, but the IH logo was being used in 1947?? I don't think anything else had the 12" pressed steel wheel other than maybe a tail wheel on a trailer plow, and why would you want that?

This was round 1 on Wednesday in southeast PA. 20 more inches fell later that night...

220375.jpg

220376.jpg

Ed Kane
Do you have power angle? I will try that option soon . must be a blast !

Hit enter after each post ( KRAIG).

Don T., I wish I did. Getting off and on the tractor to switch the angle is a bit of a pain but the "fun" of plowing in weather like this trumps the downside. With all the snow we've had last year and this year, I have it down to changing the angle only twice to clear the whole driveway.

On the subject of weights there IH wally weights werte only $10 bucks each
220379.jpg

It took $10.00 worth of time and elect to mill the IH and cut the stem area

Ed Kane
Its on my wish list , power angle must be nice. Not that hard to install on your tractor. Nice to see you post !
old.gif

old.gif

Found the I.H. marking on my other set of weights.
One set the I.H. marking is larger.I'll post pics when I clean them up some.(if this blame thing will let me.)

Here's some pics from last Sunday.It was -23 with fresh snow.I think I'm going to need a thrower soon.

220391.jpg

220392.jpg

220393.jpg

220394.jpg

It's a lot more work to install power angle on a 682 like Ed's. I passed one up last year because I'm so spoiled with hydraulic lift and didn't want to start adding tractors without. I'd do it for the right original though
happy.gif

TOM - I think the plow tail wheels were mostly that goofy angled 3.50 X 8 tire/wheel that ran at about a 45 deg. angle. In the days of trip plows weights & chains on the land wheel to raise the plow weren't that uncommon. Lets see.... I plowed ONE ROUND with a trip IH #8 3-14" plow at a Wis Chapter 4 PD about ten yrs ago, the tractor, a '54 Super M-TA w/ Fast-Hitch belonged to one of Wyatt's co-workers and he let Wyatt & I take it for a few rounds. All of Dad's plows were hyd lift. Neighbors I worked for had 5-14 semi-mounted plows. For a year Dad tried to pull a 5-14 CASE pull-type plow with a Mid-West or Nobel plow harrow with the 4010, even that plow used the little 8" tail wheel.

Maybe Paul Bell can get more foundry info from his Buddys who worked @ the LVL foundry but at the foundry I worked at a lot of those logo's were swapped around. They were just little embossed metal pieces either screwed onto the pattern or stuck into holes.

And other than CUB frt wheels or CC rear wheels I can't think of anything else that used 12" wheels either.

ED - even though this is the first year EVER I've had the luxury of being able to angle a blade, I find that only angling it a couple times works the best too. My big snow mover doesn't have ANY angle capability. I put end plates on it so I can push larger amounts of snow and frankly, I wish I had something like that on my little 42" blade sometimes. With my BIG blade on the loader I can PULL snow really well too, and I can't do that with the CC/blade.

the never ending saga of trying to clear the snow from my driveway and the never ending saga of the never ending snowstorms.
129 would only remove the first foot of snow, ride over second foot, sink and get stuck.
had to shovel in front of tractor to solid ground, to have a launching point.
with the snow over the top of the snow thrower,with the snow thrower fully raised, i had to inch into the snow, back up, lower thrower, hit it again. when i advanced a foot, i had to back off of the foot of old snow to solid ground and clear the foot of old snow, before getting stuck in it.
this worked, for about 20 feet. then the head gasket blew.
so, i am now the proud owner of a non running 128 and 129.
129 is in the middle of the driveway waiting until i finish shoveling the driveway.
more snow Tuesday.
it is so bad, the snow banks at the end of the driveways are over the tops of cars. you cant see what is coming down the street when leaving your driveway.
snow is up to the windows on houses.
it is over the tops of chimneys.
here is a photo of the Frankenstein monster, that is mostly a 129. hood was off when i bought it so i strapped it to the rear for weight.
the things in the hood and on the fenders are for weight.
this is where it died.
that is not a drift i was going through.
220397.jpg

war.gif

FRANK SNERD,
Sorry about all your troubles!
Wish a bunch of us "SHOW ME" guys could come out and help you make some headway on the snow.
We've had it good here. Was in the 50's yesterday.
220399.jpg

Frank S.
That's got to be just freakin frustrating as all get out, sigh.
I've got a few sticks of dynamite layin around I can send you to end your pain.

You know, most people are relaxing inside at 11:00P.M. on a friday night or out doing something.
Not Aaron and I.
Aaron ran over with one of his new ideas.
220403.jpg

220404.jpg

220405.jpg

220406.jpg

Although it was far from completely done and didn't even have all the bolts holding it together, I had the bright idea to go play in the hard pack snow in the parking lot, LOL
220407.jpg

With no weight on the blade plus floating lift straps, it dug into that ice/snow pack really well.
220408.jpg

And it well as a back fill blade too.
220409.jpg

I think he's even going to make up some end caps to make it sort of a box blade too.
For a bolt together implement for ease of shipping, it beats the Brinly hands down!

Charlie, that looks like a simple idea that works. Where I live is where York Rake is and I was thinking they could build a rake that could hook to a Brinly hitch instead of the pull behind with wheels.

Latest posts

Back