• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 27, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"IT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT" or, "THE TROUBLE YELLOW FEVER CAN CAUSE", a new mini novel by Ray Leo.

Frau: "You were out there plowin' a long time tonight (read the line with guilt-trip implications: why weren't you with me?)

R: "Well, you told me I had to plow the driveway."

F: "Yeah, but did it have to take you that long?" (she's pissed b/c our new dog keeps peein' in her kitchen and the fury is being projected on the family).

R: "Well, I plowed all the snow down to the end of the driveway onto the street, then, I had to push it all into the ditch, and, I had to clear the snow out in front of the mail box."

F: You didn't have to clear the snow in front of the mail box, the mail lady just drives right through it all. I did too this-'safter noon when I got the mail."

R: Hon, I pushed all of the snow down the driveway and there was a BIG pile in front of the mail box. I had to clear it.

F: "Oh." . . . . "You just like bein' on that tractor."

R: "Sure I do. But I also needed to move the drift that was a foot high across our driveway and had to put the snow some place. I asked you on the phone this 'saft if you wanted me to plow during the kids time before supper or during your time after supper."

F: "And I answered you that it should be during our time, not the kids time."

R: "No you didn't. So I made the decision to plow before supper and the kids played outside while I plowed, but you called us in for supper and then told me to play with the kids, then finish plowing".

F: "Well, you didn't have to take that long."

R: "Do you think I like plowin' with that wind chill out there?" (read, I'd rather face the storm out side of the house rather than the one inside the house).

F: (Later that night while I was in bed and she was still fussin' in the bathroom): "And one of you boys left the lid up, there's pee all over the floor, and you didn't flush. You males are all alike. The dog is history. Next dog will be a female".

Epilogue:
I rolled over under the quilt and drifted off into slumber, painfully aware of my wife's frustration with the dog, yet fully satisfied with the performance of the Cub. The old IH slant grille ran flawlessly, without complaint, doing it's work under the light of a cold moon shining down on the dark blue snows of a windswept landscape.

Must be a male tractor.

Harry,
You know, I always think the same thing when I see a truck like that one. Or the bigger "Butternut bread" trucks.

Ray,
I think that should be on the NewYork best sellers list. I laughed, I cried..... A real page turner.
happy.gif

Tedd:
Thanks.
Speaking of wifes and novels. Is your new Air Stream going to be tranformed into a cub hauler or a remain a family get-a-way trailer?

confused.gif

WILLIAM DeT. What kind of engine in that Cub Cadet? almost looks like an airplane engine but they're normally an opposed engine, not a Vee.
RAY - Great story. I have to agree that Most Cub Cadets Are male. My Son's pickup is a Female however. As Wyatt would agree, It's Definitely "High Maintenance"

Denny- Maybe a Wisconsin V4D. . .or something like that.

Nice one Ray!

Steve B. Hmmm...my 8 1/2 month preg. wife came out and took pics.
happy.gif

Reservations are made for Apr. 23 & 24 for Super 8!

Bring home a sweet new toy tonight. Will have pics this evening.

It will stay a "get-a-way" The frame is not designed for the kind of loading a Cub would put on it.

Airstream photos. I have uploaded a few more of the move and intrerior. Lots of work. The frame will have to come out for some repares.

RYAN - I didn't remember Wisconsin ever making any OHV engines like that, but it is air-cooled. The intake & exh. ports appear to both be towards the inside of the Vee. Maybe M&W will post back.

Denny-
Yep, it's a female, doesn't start until it's darn good & ready, and high maintenance
happy.gif

Ray-
My better half is gone for a conference. Went to a drinking establishment then did the "oops I spilled gas" routine
happy.gif

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. . .

You have no idea how your life is going to change. If you do your fatherly duties right, you will be thankful to even look at your cubs time to time.

Snow removal has been fun. The 14 hp in the 123 is nice, but will be removed for a 12 soon.

Hope all is well.

Randy, Rich,
The O'rings for the relief valves are standard Buna N O-rings, size -016 and -116, available at any bearing supply or hydraulic supply place.

Kenny

Denny- It has been on ebay at least one other time. . .it has a Wisconsin V465D engine.

I think I have seen that engine (or one extremely similar) in an older Bobcat.

Cub Puller

Jon- Life will change, but all for the better. I can guarantee I will still be doing plow day events. . .<font size="-2">cough-cough</font>
happy.gif

(Message edited by rmull on January 28, 2004)

Jonathon,
What ya gonna do with the 14 hp out of that 123? I'd kind of like to have a 146.
CJM

Question 1 about a CC 982. What size are the male Quick Connect fittings that go into the front hydraulic QC female fittings? They look to be ISO series B 3/8", but I am not sure.

Question 2 Does anyone know if there is a 15 spline to 6 or 21 spline adapter for the rear PTO?

Snow removal observations...

Boy, for <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>'s base of operations, there wasn't ONE <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet clearing snow in downtown Chicago. I saw quite a few old Gravely walk-behinds with sweepers, though...

One thing I did notice was that the tractors with blades (mostly JD and Kubota) had "wings" on the blades, kind of like the removeable ends of a back blade. Seemed kinda flexible, and looked like they'd reduce the line of "spillover" that always seems to appear. Anyone seen or tried these?

Looking for how to replace/repair the silver/chrome button on the lift handle of a 129.

Caught the button on the mailbox while plowing snow.

Scott, that chrome button should screw out, but if you broke it off it'll make it a tad difficult to remove the remains of the original piece. Here is an exploded view that might be helpful. I believe the part you are looking at is #9 in the drawing, the part number is IH-401456-R2.

15429.jpg

Scott:
You will need to remove the handle from the shaft. You will have to cut Part No. 5 so It will slip out the end. That means you will need both No. 5 and No. 9 to fix it. Kraig is right, the chrome button screws on the end of the rod and holds the spring in.

Wyatt my listeners this afternoon must have esp got a request for Mike McAbees " when Iowa girls get pissed"

I have the front Axel off my 149 and am preparing to rebuild same. My first chore is to grind off the weld on both ends of the bolt holding the Spindle to the Axel is this a normal "Shade Tree" Fix? Also there is considerable Fore and Aft travel in the Axel channel on the Frame. A friend suggest placing brass plates front and back at the outter edges of this channel to correct this. I would like to hear from you guys. Your help on the Steering rebuild was great.
Thanks. Herb

Latest posts

Back