• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 27, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom H! You mean this years RPRU is back in Iowa again this year? Great! Mt. Pleasant again?

I'll be there for sure!
beerchug.gif

Digger, I downloaded "When Iowa Girls Get Pissed"

Guess I better behave!

(Message edited by jlang on January 27, 2004)

Installed the snowthrower on the 1250 tonight and tried to start the tractor. Engine turned over but starter would not disengage. Turned the key off and starter continued to spin. Only way to stop it was to disconect battery cable. If I hook up the battery cable the starter spins. Should I look at the starter itself or the solenoid? Help! My back hurts from shoveling.

Scott- Lightly tap on the solenoid with a screwdrive or wrench. . sounds like it is stuck.

Might need to clean up the bendix/shaft as well. . it could be sticking there as well.

Kent
When it dies, turn the ignition switch off and then back on and see if it will start. If it does, sounds like time for a new ign. sw. I've had more than one do that, they break down internally. You can crank all day and never get it started, unless you turn the key off and back on.

Kent-
I'm with Paul on this one, and I bet you'd have a spare ignition switch laying around that you could swap in to test it with, but I gotta ask you one question?

Is it the 73 that's not working right, or the 100?

You said the 73 wasn't working right, but your picture shows the 100. Tell ya what, why don't you just <strike>sell</strike> give me that 73 and we'll call it even. It'll go nice with my 70, 71, and 72!

The Farmer

A farmer got in his pickup and drove several miles to a neighboring farm and knocked on the farmhouse door. A young boy, about 12, opened
the door.

"Is yer pa home?" he asked.

"No sir, he sure ain't," the boy replied. "He went to town."

"Well," said the farmer. "Is yer ma home?"

"No, she ain't here either. She went to town with pa."

"Well, then, how about yer brother, Joe, is he here?"

"No sir, he went with pa and ma."

The farmer stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the other, and mumbling to himself.

"Is there anything I kin do fer ya'?" inquired the young boy politely.

"I know where all the tools are, if you want to borry one; or maybe I could take a message fer pa."

"Well," said the farmer uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk to yer pa. It's about your brother Joe getting my daughter, Pearly Mae, pregnant."

The boy considered for a moment. "I reckon you really will have to talk to pa about that",he finally conceded. "I know that pa charges $50
for the bull and $25 for the boar hog, but I really don't know how much he gets for Joe."

Must be Action shot night...

last year..
15408.jpg

whoops... sorry for the billboard...

15410.jpg

We had 3-4" of light fluffy snow today...wind blew it up into some drifts here and there...nothing bad, but it still REQUIRED some snow removal!!!!!

It was after 9:00PM when I finally got back to the house to move snow, so the 169 and blade were put to work (149 wound up tight with the thrower would have been a little loud for all of the sleeping kids in the area). LOVE that L-O-N-G blade, what a blast!!!!!! 169 tooled along at a nice quiet 1/2 throttle, barely breaking a sweat.......FINALLY got some more seat time in
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
, but no pics (8-1/2 month pregnant wife didn't want to go out...don't blame her!!!!)

BTW, she has an appointment to get induced on the 9th.....trying to avoid another 11# baby...OUCH!!!!

OK, I'm a trying again.

Since you guys are a bit bored, here's a pic of a Cub Hauler I ran across.

15412.gif

All it would need is the back door opening cut a bit bigger, a little elbow grease on the exterior, and a nice coat of Federal Yeller - and SHAZAM!!! A hauling Cubs I'd go.

This thing has one of the biggest chrome IH emblems I've ever seen, it's on the front above the grille

Hydro Harry
Alive and well in Seattle

(Message edited by HBursell on January 28, 2004)

Art/Paul,
Thanks! I will try that. By the way it's the 73 that we were talking about. I just posted a pic of the 100 for kicks!

1979model 1650 - hydraulic fluid is running out of the left vent hole any time tractor is running.
can you help me out?

Steve..

congrats on the impending family addition...
i suppose another set of farmall/IH/cub toys are in order.....

Randy-
By running out, you mean a stream? If so you've got me confused.

Usually if the fluid has an abundance of contamination or is incorrect it can "foam" and come out the breather. If it's doing this, when you pull the fill plug on the back you should get foamed fluid or a milky-looking contaminated fluid.

I can get my 169 to foam by overheating the transaxle, but it takes some pretty heavy, abusive plowing to do so, and that's with fresh HyTran Ultra.

John "P",
That looks like a Jimmy Hendrix version of Matt's action shot. :cool:

John "P",
Yup, the RPRU in is Iowa again at Mount Pleasant on June 24-26. Looks like a Thursday through Saturday show. My reservations are for a Friday and Saturday stay at Holiday Inn in Burlington , Iowa.

(Message edited by thoffman on January 28, 2004)

Matt, those rookys Art and John don't know how to properly lighten up a photo. :eek:)
15418.jpg

Randy Furrow
Is this the vent hole your talking about?

15420.jpg

If so you have a bad check valve. You can remove it and try cleaning it but if that doesn't fix it you need a replacement. Last one I got was about $90. Be careful not to get dirt in the hydro and the check valve has a rubber O ring and a plastic ring you don't want to damage.

Back