• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digger
The Farm Equipment Division Tractor Committee report #292 dated 6-27-1969, released the most powerful Cub Cadet to date, the new model 147 Hydrostatic drive 14 Horepower Cub Cadet.
From Farmall Cub & Cub Cadet by Kenneth Updike
Hinsdale, Il?

Need to replace Axle seal and bearings in cub cadet 1450. I got the axle pulled, but failed to pull the seal and bearing. Anyone out there have a cross reference for seal number 721-0187 and bearing 741-0363?

Jerry H. & all,
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

the exact date that the 147 was introduced/unveiled to the general public and where<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

And it was not in Illinois

Charlie and Kraig, I like even more moder AND in color.

184627.jpg

Wow Tom, That is smokin' hot! Maybe helps explain my youthful attraction to the Quiet Line....much better than the woman on the "O", my how the advertizing improved.

Yes, been out of work for a while now. Not much hiring in WI. After being let go by the un named engine mfr in Kohler Wi
clappy.gif
last year I have been searching hard. it'll happen...soon I hope. Don't worry, the woods are full of protein sources
Shotgun.gif

Tan is a wonderful color!
Don -- good job, but it's upside down.
biggrin.gif

I think Kraig's pix was Mrs. Cleever.
whistling.gif

Jim, It's pretty messed up out there. Maybe Charlie might want to start a "Bitchin' Post" or "Looking for a Career" page. I'm sure it would be something to see. :cool:

DAVE - Here's what O.E.M Tractor Parts shows; '38-H;'39-I;'40-J;'41-K;'42-L;'43-M;'44-N;'45-O;'46-P;'47-Q;'48-R;'49-S;'50-T;'51-W;'52-X;'53-Y;'54-Z;'55-A;'56-B;'57-C;'58-D;'59-E;'60-F;'61-G;'62-H.

I think after '62 IH stopped using some letters like I,O,Q, etc. because as rough cast they would be very difficult to tell an O from a Q, etc. I know a more complete list was in RPM a couple years ago, and I think the "Pocket Data Book" has a complete listing also. But I have IHC books scattered ALL over and can't lay my hands on mine right now.

here's my guess Charlie
Jan 25 1970 40 yrs ago to the day
Edit

after carefull calculations and some reading I have come to a conclusion that if they produced 183 cub 147's a day and were not working weekends the 147 came out on Nov 12 1969, now if they worked 7 days a week it would be on Nov 7th 1969

Maybe that one is a little to tough. It was for me. LOL
Lets try,
What Cub Cadet was featured at the Concrete & Aggregates show in Chicago's new McCormick Place, Jan. 30th thru Feb. 3 1972?

The winner gets a set of these,
184629.jpg

charlies second question ill say model 149 with the hydralic lift

Jeff B. got that one.
184631.jpg

They kinda missed the implement it was using in the pic though!
184632.jpg

Send me your address and I'll send your keys & key chain out tomorrow.
beerchug.gif

I rebuilt my K241 last summer with all new seals and have now noticed oil dripping off of the governor linkage. I didn't have any extra seals in the kit that might fit there and can't find anything in any parts eplosions. I don't know if it leaked before teardown because I had never seen it run. Anyone know why this is happening. It is sure making a mess on my pretty new paint job.

Ryan G.-

You need to replace the brass nut that the gov shaft comes through. It's about $5 from any Kohler dealer.

anyone got some pics of a brinly rear blade? and how do they attach?

Latest posts

Back