• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,
Neat pic of the 149, but that isn't "The New McCormick Place" That's Grant Park near Buckingham Fountain.

That also looks like a 147 to me.
confused.gif

OK I have a question for you original guys. I have an O with second gear striped. I thought I could tack the gear out of a 104. I have for parts. But the second gear in the 104 is slitty bigger! ( the O has 16 teeth and the 104 has 19 teeth.) My question is can i change the mane gear on the drive shaft? (is the shaft the same size) it will speed up second gear? Thanks again, Mike
1a_scratchhead.gif

i looking to fab one up out of a snow blade i have laying around from an old lawn tractor... i think it would end up being more like an IH rear blade, who thinks it would be better to attach like an IH one or a Brinly type?

Digger: That probably is a 147 in the publicity photo. You see, the Jenkens C-48 wasn't new, only the 149 they wanted to talk about. Look closely at the attached Jenkens Brochure and you will see a Cub Cadet 125 lurking down on the right side...

Myron B
184639.jpg

Charlie, I reread the news release and got a slight laugh. The 149 is described as an 'air-stream design'! Ya right!
shhh.gif

<font size="-2">Or does that mean your in the air-stream when you ride it?</font>

Charlie, Thanks for the contest
buttrock.gif

I went with the 149 because that was their largest new one to come out around that time I think.

Dennis, Dave,
To go on with the date codes, I=not used, J=63, K=64, L=65, M=66, N=67, O=68, P=69, Q=Not used, R=70, S=71, T=72, V=Not used, W=73, X=74, Y=75, Z=76, and started over again with A in 77.

Latest posts

Back