• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
Did someone say coulter? Notched coulters that are sharp and scoured work well, here is a few pics of my twist on it. Seemed to work well in the garden but I still want to see it in heavy trash. I'm a little concered that it might be a little to much twist for heavy ground, if it is I can take some shim out of it. Oh and a picture of my Cubs new home.

184603.jpg

184604.jpg

184605.jpg

Todd,

It sounds like you have everything under control. I doubt a low battery could cause the anti drift spring to break - more likely failed after 30 years of service.

I don't know what kind of lube to use but I think I would want to give it something. Most starters probably don't receive any regular attention/maintenance. If they were greased originally, after all these years, I would expect the grease to be dried up and ineffective. Maybe they started with a very light coat of grease? The graphite or dry lube sounds like a good idea. Perhaps someone else has more experience with this matter...

Good luck Todd, let us know what you did when you get it all back together and running again.

Allen-

No. There are no hydraulic lines anywhere under there in a NF, as no NF hydro had a ported hydro in it.

For starters you need to use either powdered graphite or a spray graphite such as Comet clutch lube ( for snowmobiles etc)

I prefer the powder as it seems to last so long. If using the spray, allow it to dry completely.

BTW, Tom H, cool 234, wish I was working, it would be mine.

I pulled two grills today, one off a 70 and one off a 100. The date code stamped had a letter for the last position, one "K" one "L". Any body know what years those letters stand for? thanks.

Charlie must be drowning his sorrows. Jim "D", so you have joined the ranks of the Unemployeed too? Too much of that going on. Time for something to change!!!!!!!!!

Paul, thank you. Did that continue to Z=79? Then what. thanks again.

Jim C.: I didn't make the trip. Yet. Waiting for a good Saturday, not Sunday. Spent the day yesterday cleaning and painting wheels in the cellar. This has turned into a "wheel winter", and I'm finding that even with as many of them as there are here, it's hard to find exact pairs. On that subject, I've found that when brush painting wheels a lazy susan is #1 "tool". When wives start missing them from kitchen tables, this conversation never happened.
coffee.gif

DAVE R. - IH didn't use all the letters in the alphabet. I've got a book around here someplace with all the letters & years. Maybe a internet search on "casting date codes" would bring it up.
Once IH got to the end of the alphabet they started over.

Dennis I did find a site that had IH date stamps that started in 1931 casting date codes
If this list is accuate then they did start and stop somewhere cause it doesn't work out for the information Paul gave. I am in no way saying anything bad here, just trying to make sense out of it.

Ok, here's the deal.
Tell me the exact date that the 147 was introduced/unveiled to the general public and where and win a $50.00 gift certificate to CCSpecialties.
184622.jpg

Back