• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 21, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Denny,

True on the fuel consumption, but the 301 would have burnt a valve hogging all that fuel on a hard pull
happy.gif
happy.gif

Wayne M.-

If it's backfiring out of the carb, the timing is probably too far advanced. Don't blame the valves just yet. Here's a guide I made for timing the engine awhile back: http://mgonitzke.net16.net/tools/static_timing.pdf

Tony D.-

That method is also a good way to completely destroy the lower bearing cup. I no longer use that method for that reason.

HA-HA... Steve - I would be running IH low ash oil in that 301! That's the cure right?
lol.gif

Back in the early/mid 60's, I can't think of an 806-G anywhere around where I grew up, but there were MANY 706-G. Guy I hung out with in HS, His Dad even had two 706-G.

Dad drove a LOT for a guy who used all gas-powered IH trucks, mostly 450 cid in-line 6's. They weren't all that fast compared to even smaller V-8's, but they never seemed to have the valve burning issues that the ag gas tractor engines did. And running I-80 to Chicago loaded there was about 2 to 2-1/2 hrs straight of flat-out WOT.

What's sad is that I normally burn about 4 to 4-1/2 gal. of gas mowing my roughly 2 acres. Normally I get done in three hours or less... lots of trees to trim around. 40 Years ago that same $12-$14 would have run the 450 Farmall from dawn to dusk doing heavy field work! Think Dad was paying about $0.20/Gal for tractor gas.

Dennis 4 to 4 1/2 sounds like alot to me I mow about 2 acres also and can do it with 1 tank full. I have done this with a 128,109,1200 with 46 and 50 inch decks

Matt I will take a look at the timing, for the most part the spitting out carb is air forcing out gas droplets, (carb will provide fuel with either air direction) A

The other point here is why is the compression so low? I have a 1200 with 120PSI and the 1250 is 30PSI. Maybe I can put some air in cylinder and see if it flows out intake.

Years ago I had an Onan that had a failed valve seat and it did the same thing. Onans are good but part prices are nuts.

I`ve got a line on a ported trans out of a 1450, will this bolt up to either my 123 or a 125 rear end without a lot of hassle ?

Lyle; It'll bolt right up. Then the fun begins. Be careful what you wish for!
smile.gif

Where can I find the heavy spirol pins for my CCO driveshaft assembly? Need the 3/16" x 1-3/4' and 3/16" x 1". Both got dropped and lost in my garage. Don't see them listed in CC specialties, looking in the other sponsors right now. Would NAPA carry the heavy spirol pins? Thanks for the help.

Frank, what do you mean by fun ? Hydraulic lines, I can make, is there a problem with the drive shaft ? I like my old narrow frames and I need one for a worker.

Michael G.-

McMaster-Carr has them.

Lyle-

Putting a ported pump and hydraulic lift on a NF hydro is not a 'bolt on' job. You're going to have to modify some things to make it work.

My wife got to come home from Capital Region Medical Center today. She is recovering from double pneumonia! Anyway here are some pics from her room in Jeff City Mo. today before she was released. On the same note here is what I bought while she was gone. I got both sets for $125.
I can find I.H.stamp on one set but not the other set!
ROD

Rodney Smith

Refurbish & Restorations ONLY! has a problem also with posting lol. Every time I add something it is put at the bottom
1a_scratchhead.gif

Rodney Smith

One of you images must be to large. just right click on them a go to properties, that will tell you if they are a size you can post. I all ways use enter button twice between each picture so there is a space between them. Looks nice to see the separation and your pictures don`t run together. BTDT
old.gif

Lyle, (as we sit with cabin fever setting in) I can't imagine the aggravation it would be to put ported pump hydraulics onto a narrow frame. The design at the time was to have a hydraulic pump added. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong (that's what I'm here for), but the ported pumps were meant for the wide frames and unless you're proficient (big word) with a torch and a welder wait until you find a reasonably priced 149.
buttrock.gif

Rod those are real nice tractors you keep posting...lol

Kraig I think he needs your help

Jeff,
happy.gif

Rod, email me your photos and I'll re-size them for you. I did a little clean up of your posts for you too.

What do you enter in parts look-up for a CCO? I tried all sorts of things and got squat.

Thanks in advance

Rod

I hope your wife recovers quickly .double pneumonia can come back after you have it the first time. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

later Don T

Wayne Shytle

Parts look up and type in just (cub cadet) for the Original !

Latest posts

Back