• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 13, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey David S - I know you said those tail light lenses are Bargman, but wondered if you checked both. Let us know if either one happens to be an original Reflect-O-Lite, and if so can you post the number stamped on it?

David S,

Did you ask them; couldn't you let me have it any cheaper?
lol.gif

Oh and before I forget, A big Thank You to Charlie
For the super fast service. Parts are here before I need them!!
What a guy!

Mike, I just have to remember where the pan is, I think it's in my friends barn? I got a few I think. But at least one is blue. Oh and there was a 100 that had parts from a lowboy on it, rear tires, front axle, etc. I'll try to resize the pic and post it.

Well, with a package coming with electric lift parts I decided to tear into the old 12hp Kohler and freshen it up. It ran ok, but smoked and ate oil under load. Got it out of the chassis, got the head off and saw a big puddle of oil on top. Ya, it needs help.

I got the PTO off the front, almost. I buggered up the spring under the levers getting it pulled off so I'll be ordering parts. Not sure if that is suppose to happen every time you pull the clutch? I did get the hub bearing removed but can't get a good hold on the pulley? Do I need to get a bigger puller? What is the typical procedure to get that off without damage?

I need longer bolts for my puller to get the flywheel off, so that is what I'm getting tomorrow. Then strip it down and check bore size. It doesn't have a ridge, so I'm hoping I can just give it a quick hone and some rings and call it good enough. It's not worth a big dollar rebuild, but we'll see.

129 Hydro control assembly
Question on hydro control. The control on my 129 has been adjusted a few times and is usually OK. Every so often it will get a bug and it will start to creep usually forward, and after a few times it returns to OK with no creeping. I assume that the adjustment may be on the edge of Ok, but I was wondering if any one else has had this issue?
Thanks for any comments
Earl L

Back