Archive through January 19, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, thats enough winter. I got everything running except the 127 with the thrower. Had lots of fun doing mine and the neighbors driveways.

Mike Masheris had the Turbo Diesel out today> Didn't even break a sweat.
234587.jpg

Looks like it Tom! Your in for it now!

We had maybe 10 to 12 inches and I had the blade on already so.... For this much snow I prefer the thrower but I guess maybe the next storm I'll be better prepared.

Well I got out on my smoker and moved what little snow we got this am.I think the angle blade is cats a$$ moving snow. Next week I hope to get the 54" blade installed . I think it will move more snow when it is angled. I followed the install instructions but I see I don`t get the same angle each side.??? The blade will cut to the right side more than the left. This got me
1a_scratchhead.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

later Don T

Chris W, If you are good at fab work and want to make your own lift rod for your snowthrower, Get a couple heim joints with a 1/2" hole in the center with a 1/2" threaded shaft..You will need a 7/8" OD schedule 40 steel tube with at least a 1/2" ID center and two 1/2" nuts..Lay the heim joints on the bench with the holes 27" apart center to center..Measure the length of the threaded shafts at the middle of the shafts and subtract for the thickness of the nuts..Cut your steel tube to that length and weld the nuts on the end, Making shure the threaded ends go inside all he way before welding them..Now you can adjust it any way you want to set your height and drop that best suits you..

234597.jpg

Correction; Subtract for 1/2 the thickness of the nuts and cut the steel tube to that length.. Then you will have equal adjustment..

Thomas K: You have an interesting fleet; I see that you added the lights to the 125, is the steering wheel and column correct for the 100, it seems to sit higher than the rest. I thought that vintage used a "flat" steering wheel instead of the dish. I'm not trying to "police" your correctness, I'm just curious.

Are there any other modifications you've had to make along the way while getting your flight up-and-running and trying to keep it that way?
smile.gif

I have found that a length of chain works better
than a rod. Gives the thrower the ability to
float over cracks in the cement a lot easier.
Rods (in my opinion) works best when a downward
force is needed.

Jeremiah,
My granfather added the lights to my cub cadet 125 in the early 70's, after he bought it new in 69. My grandfather also bought the cub cadet 100 new in 65. When my dad was a kid, he broke the steering wheel on the cc 100 and they replaced it with that one. My granfather also got rid of the pan seat cause it got too cold in the winter. I bought the cc 104 last winter and restored it. its almost finished i just have to get new tires for the back, a new dash, and i just bought the correct seat for it. Im only 15 and i try to maintain them as much as possible they run great and work very well in the snow.
heres a link to a video of my 125 in the snow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjlv7m-5Ekc

Thomas K,
You have a nice fleet of Cub Cadets started there, I like them. It is good to see young people like you enjoying and taking part in this "hobby". It sometimes takes awhile to get one refurbished to the way we want it, and it can get rather expensive at times (for both young people and us old people), but stay with it, you'll get there. They look good and you should be proud of them.

Thank you. i bought my 104 for $81 complete running. i restored it over the summer for $580 i took the whole thing apart rebuilt the engine added a creeper and did some body work on the fenders. it was lots of fun but i enjoyed it alot. This summer i wanna get one the cubs relatives, a farmall H OR M. Other wise i really enjoy taking care of them and driving them around. They are really strong tractors that work wonderfully in all conditions. Thanks to all.

Thomas "K",
I agree with Paul 100%!! I have to laugh, how did you come up with the $81 dollar amount and not $80 or $85? I think it was your good bargining skills.

Like you Grandfather, I too like the "stand up" steering wheel on the 70-100 series. If you long legged the taller steering wheel give you a little more leg room. I have a 124-124 steering wheel on my 120.

234601.jpg

Stay with it and enjoy your time playing with these GREAT IH tractors!

Tom,
i bought the tractor on auctions international, a government surplus website. that was how much the high bid was. nice looking tractor you got. the 100 looks cool with the box style fenders and red paint job. nice job.

Thanks Dan,
yesterday was great. i got about 6 inches of snow the plow was lots of fun and the snowblowers worked great. can wait for more snow.

I picked up a project 147 yesterday and it came with no fenders. I was wondering if anyone knew if 1650 fenders would fit on a 147?

Latest posts

Back