• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 19, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...is it "probably wont" or "wont"? The only major difference I see is it being from a wide frame to a narrow frame.

Ryan, the compartment under the seat is deeper on a 1650 to hold the battery. I do not remember how the box fastens to the frame on a 1650 but there are 4 bolts going through that compartment to mount a 147 fender deck

It was an idea. Marlin H. has a set he was willing to sell, and I know that they are the same style but the wide frame to narrow frame situation, along with the box for the battery on a QL would be another issue. Thank you for the input, Wes H.

I got to exercise the 102 with the plow yesterday, we had about 2 inches of wet snow with a crunchy coating of freezing rain, the plow handled it fine and I dispatched the private road, and my and my neighbor's driveway in about an hour. With the engine on the 129 ailing, it was a relief I didn't have to use it, though starting it was a challenge (I think the ACR is malfunctioning).

Kevin, nice job on the lift rod. My 129 with the QA-42A blower has a rod that is just a hair too short, I have to set the snow blower on a 2x4 to get it on. The blower originally came off of a 782, and I retrofitted the 129 with a hydraulic lift that came off of a 1650. It works, but the right side is about an inch off the ground even when the lift is all the way down. I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to level the blower when it is off the ground a little?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Bruce- I also moved snow with a 1650 this past weekend and my blower was also not level with the ground. one side was digging into the ground while the other was high. Maybe some linkage on the blower frame is bent? Im thinking thats what's wrong with mine but I havent looked at it too much.

Hi Everyone,
I have an issue with my 1450. I took then engine out to do some repairs. I replaced the compression relief spring from the bottom and had a blown head gasket to replace. Put everything back together and reached the point of being able to turn the engine over using the key. It will not start.
In checking I figured out there is no spark. I have a PointSaver installed and tested it. the results are it is good. I then looked at the points for my trouble.

Using an ohm meter I tested the following:
Both ends of points wire: the wire has continuity through it
Points mounting screw on block to wire screw (wire still attached): have continuity when points are closed
Points mounting screw on block to wire screw (wire still attached): have continuity when points are open (this one I don't understand)

When I turn the key trying to start it I do not see any spark at the points. I never touched the points during the repairs. They look clean. Also, the points were installed about a year ago.

Right now I am at a loss. Any suggestions on what I might do or test?

Thanks, Rich

hello fellow cubers i have a 73 cub and i blowing snow today and it is the crappy slushy stuff and it was doging my cub down what i was wondring if it whould help if i was to install a creaper on my cub and if so dose any one have one they whould sell

Back