• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 19, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone (Kraig) have pics of a originals mower deck breakdown? I swear the manual I have has two parts in the wrong order? Thanks in advance. Nick

Is the right angle gearbox on a tiller the same as the right angle gear box on a snowblower?? thanks guys.............mike caruth

Nick, go to IH <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> library & research center topics, click on manuals, then click on decks...should have what your looking for........mike

Got some Cub time in today!
Used the 42" blade.
Moved my 1 1/2 inches of snow from the street in front of the house and my neighbor's driveway. Had to hurry before it melted. (Sorry. No pics)
Startling the first time that the blade tripped over.
Can't wait to get a big heavy snow of about 4 or 5 inches.
clappy.gif

it had nine i shot the guy a email and he said that when he bouht it it had the 10 hp in it

Will the Points Slayer's work with the K161S? There only showing the larger engines. Also if so, can it also be used to trigger the GM HEI modules?

What would cause a wiring harness to fry... I had replaced coil, condenser, points, regulator, s/g and wiring harness and the thing was running like a champ... Saturday after getting my blade back from the welder, I was pushing snow and all of a sudden, smoke comes billowing out of the hood, so I shut it off and went to look and the copper wire was a glowing orange from the regulator down to the frame, it appears to be the blue wire from the s/g that suffered the most damage, however they all melted together. I did have a loose, but not disconnected ground on the s/g bracket, would this have been my monster or is there soemthing else. The regulator is fried and I am not sure of the damage to the S/G or other parts, so any input would be huge...

Kevin, Most likely somthing got worn to where it shorted to metal. You will need to replace ALL the damage. A new wiring harness is nice and sure shuts off a lot of trouble. Just taping up the burnt wire will not work as it just cannot pass the current as it should. Bummer about the regulator, they are getting spendy. If you have a tractor boneyard around, There are a few IH big tractors and other machines they can be found on. My CCO is still running one from a 403 combine. Does just fine. It was free!

Dennis and Dale thanks for the info on the plows. The typical soil up here is pretty heavy with clay, but this garden seems to have been in use for a long time and is pretty good soil (they had horses so was always fertilized well. Also plan on building a large composter - got a 50 gal unit full right now going to make a bigger one and have plenty of compost to help the garden out and flower beds round the house etc. I've heard something about tilling the field in the fall also. This is the first garden I've had since I was a kid at home weeding my folks garden so I'm a little rusty. Probably wont expand it this year need to see how it goes the first year with weeds before I try expanding it.

I'm not opposed to getting another cub just for tilling/plowing, its a good excuse to give the wife for another tractor
thumbsup.gif
but from what I hear a geardrive works best for plowing/tilling so maybe I'll look for one and keep the hydro for snow removal & mowing.

Back