• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone
I was wondering if I can take 16hp 321 Kohler and put it in a cub 149 ?

Ed: The 16hp is a K341. Yes, you can, which will give you a "homemade" Cub Cadet 169.
happy.gif

Ed C - you canNOT take just any old 16hp K341A Kohler and put it in your 149. Among other things it must have the correct mounting base on the engine block, and it also needs to have the correct crankshaft output shaft.

Thank you, Hydro - (I saw that coming clear across the country). I knew you'd explain it better than I would. Didn't expect it that fast, though.
happy.gif

Kraig, I've seen pics of the button so are you saying the inner button part is spring loaded into the outer collar which is press fit in the handle? That would make sense. Sorry for all the time spent on a little button but my 124 came without.

David

David Q., correct. The button assembly has a captive spring. The button assembly is press fit into the hole in the lift handle.

I have several that need new float buttons but I can't get the old broken ones out. Granted I haven't exhaustively tried every idea I've had to get them out yet, but yanking on them with a Vise-Grip hasn't worked...
angry.gif
I've been too lazy to actually fix them and now it seems they have gone NLA. I rarely used the float back when it did work on my parents 125 (now my #1 125) as a kid. On the other Cubs I have it was broken on them when I got them. I might want to use a float setting if I ever install the spring assist on my #2 125, which I really need to do as the QA42 is getting heavier every year it seems. I clear snow from an area of my yard where there is lawn and for the past 25+ years I've been holding the QA42 just above the ground as I clear the snow so I can follow the uneven ground by feel. It's been murder on my right arm the past few winters.
sad.gif

Charlie, if you get any of those float lockout buttons back in stock please give me a heads up, I'd like to buy a few.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Kraig, thank you for clarifying this button mystery for me. Now, NF spring assist, you got installation instructions?

David

pcwhack.gif

EDIT: Doug beat me AND caused me to get bit by the archive bug.

rant.gif

facepalm.gif

roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back