• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig M. I see KENtuckyKEN answered the question. THANKS KEN!!!
buttrock.gif
Here is a little something to think about. KEN's info says up to fifteen horsepower. The 6/782 Cub Cadet were 17hp and there were more models with a little more horsepower than that. If I recall correctly Cub Cadet used the 15U in a couple of their 7000 series which went up to 25 horsepower. Personally I wouldn't go beyond the 20 horsepower range myself. The units are built very rugged only after awhile too much horsepower will cause premature failure due to overloading the system.

Ken Ide. Has Honda come out with such a thing? I don't keep up with Honda stuff. My oldest son does since he works at a Polaris/Honda dealership. Sad to say that he doesn't talk to me.

Marlin - I'd say that the HP rating would only apply to being on a hard surface with 100% traction. If the pump was on say a 50 horse engine mowing grass and the tractor and mower only needed 15 ponies to operate then it would be at it's max suggested rating. As long as the "need" doesn't draw more than is required for the job I don't see any problem with HP ... but then if you "did" have 50HP you'd want to out do Charlie's famous "shingle on a sled" pic.

... of course it's not moving in the pic
biggrin.gif

and don't forget, Charlie's "Shingle on a sled" can be bought at any greasy spoon diner
chef.gif

I'm lookin' at a Model 1650, about a 1976 I think. Any reason to stay away from these or just a fancy body job???

Don T. When my 128 made it home to me, one of the pto fingers was missing along with the tapered bolt. I was lucky to find a complete engine that was "no good" for $20, it had a complete pto for parts. It got me through the summer.

Here is a pic of the pto awaiting rebuild
75568.jpg

Don, if it were me, I wouldn't look to long before I loaded it into my truck. I wouldn't pass one up if it were close and decent price.

John Hooke,
You are gonna get you some white stuff tomorrow. 2-4 inches in the Shenandoah Valley.

Greg

Don T., my 1650 is a strong workhorse,even though I help the city fog for skeeters(it's a smoker)!
biggrin.gif

Marlin - next time you're at the grocery store, sneak a peek in the new Popular Science (just out). Full page article.....

Don T.-

They're a good tractor, but when you look at it, see if you can rock the engine side to side in it. If so, the engine mounts are shot and you're looking at $100 at least to fix that with OEM parts.

Matt, did I clarify that ok with the rear blade ?If not I can post the pic with more explanation.

Bren

Latest posts

Back