• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew, my 18volt DeWalt cordless is older then the recalled models.

I'm with you Kendell (sounds kinda like candle...) I'm not parting with mine!

And to keep this slightly on topic, I used the Dewalt cordless extensively when I built the Cub Shed.

75544.jpg

<blink>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^</blink>

Ed - I posted a pic a while back of a guy's 129 with a 283 Chevy hooked up to a 2:1 reduction box driving the rear end. I'm not saying that it can handle it but he did claim to use it mowing the lawn.

Kraig:
Driving those nails???

Dennis:
I've got most of the parts - I've been thinking or running the "push" all the way from the "universal" mounting I built for the back of the 129... It's a little bit crowded with the weights on there, but I put several sets of mounting holes in the mounts.. I did something close to this years ago with a pair of 1 1/2" pipes on an old M/F 7 , ran the full length of the tractor for a front mount blade. It had benefits - as when the blade was floating, you could push a load with the front wheels in the air.....
75552.jpg

what holds the rock shaft for the pto button in place to keep it from moving side to side.there is something missing here on my 149 because when i went to take the hood and grill of as a unit i saw the shaft had fell out of the frame. i know something has to keep the button lined up?

Wyatt & I have had this converation several times about the GD rearends. The top sliding shaft of the transmission is more highly stressed in a CC than in the Farmall Cub. So anything much over 15 HP in a GD makes that shaft susceptible to twisting. That's why MWSC makes a stronger one. But in order to load it to that extent You have to really heavily weight the rearend of the tractor, have almost Zero slippage, and the uneven power impulses of a single cyl. engine don't help things either. Clutch can't slip, etc. etc. Even makes a difference which gear Your in too!

It's really not so much a matter of how much HP a hydro can "Take" or "Handle" it's how much HP it's expected to transmit. If You weight the tractor up to 1500# expect problems. But if You let it weigh 700-800# the hydro should live a long happy life! Anyplace between those two numbers all the typical disclaimers apply..

Kendell, nope, the box of screws on the other side of the Delta miter saw...
happy.gif
Interesting hitch, more photos and info please!!!
bouncy.gif

KENtucky, no that's for cutting the 2x lumber to make the roof trusses.

75554.jpg

Just to add to the hydro & hp talk, there is a guy around Bainbridge, NY with 327 Chevy in his puller. I haven't personally seen it but a good friend of mine nows the guy well and has seen it. He says the guy isn't shy about how he runs it. He's never had any problems with the hydro or parts breakage but I'm sure that has a lot to do with traction. Really, how ya gonna get much bite with tractors of this size and that much hp. I'll see if I can get some pics of it.

Don T.-

There's a couple of cotter keys that hold it in. Look at the shaft and you'll see where they go.

Thanks Matt,well i got it down to the pto to repair the damage from one 1 cotten pin and bushing not in place.now i have to read the Fac to get the pto off .
75557.jpg

well guys that was easy lol.a little releaseall and the 6 allen screws just came right out. now to repair the pto is next. i guess Charlie will get another order lol
coffee.gif

75560.jpg

Can some kind soul tell me if i have the right part here to repair the pto.this is some spare parts i had . also does a 16 hp kol have a different head gasket? how do you tell them apart for a 12 hp. i think that i read that there all the same thanks,
coffee.gif

Here's a good "opinion" question.

I'm looking to add a red cub to my collection. But I don't even know what I'm looking at! I'm fairly educated on your basic yellow/white cub cadets. I've never even glanced at a red 782 or 682 until now. I'm very curious... about my new mystery series of tractors.

Where any of them manuals? all I've seen online is hydros. I missed a great deal in a 782 about 3 months ago. Now I'm kicking myself.

What's your opinions? where do the series #'s start and end?

thanks guys!!

Don-
Those are the anti-rattle springs...
You're going to need more than just THAT! Not to mention, that center-button looks like the fiber-button-end of it is messed up.

Just buy a correct PTO rebuild kit, and a set of PTO "fingers". It should contain everything else you'll need. (new springs, clutch disk, etc.)

Oh, and while you're at it, either get a new fiber button to replace the one (that's probably bad) on the tractor's the throw-out arm, or "buck up" for a nice shiney bronze one and "for-gett'a bout it"!
happy.gif

Don T.-

The K241/301/321 have the same head gasket, the K341 has an extra head bolt and therefore a different gasket.

Nic B.-

Let's see....The 482 and 582 Special were gear drives, but with the same peerless transmissions that the 1100 had. The 482 had a briggs 11 h.p. and the 582 Special had a 16 h.p. briggs. The 582 was the only "traditional" Cub Cadet gear drive in the series with the 3-speed and a 16 h.p. briggs motor. I have the yellow and white version of this with an M18 and I love it. Great tractor. The 682 is a hydro with KT17 and manual lift, and the 782 is the same but with hydraulic lift. The 782D introduced later is a 782 with a Kubota 3-cylinder diesel engine. The 982 is a "Super Garden Tractor" with a longer frame, 19.9 hp Onan twin, and had hydraulic lift. They were made from 1980 until the middle of 1981 by IH, and production of red CC's for IH continued by CCC ending in 1985. I have a 582, 782, and 782D and have owned a 682. They are all great tractors. What else do you want to know?

well i need new clutch release fingers. the button i posted is correct and i just need a bronze pto button that our sponser above is shipping to me now. thanks all
the pto is in great shape and i think that is all the parts that i need for now.
coffee.gif

Back