• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVAN - Back years ago I could buy leaded premium gas, 94 or 97 octane...I forget which, I'd have to wait in line at the pump with all the Z-28 Camero's, Corvette's, etc. to get My 5 or 10 gal. of good gas. I ran it in a K241 I did a Cheapy rebuild on....the block didn't have hard valve seats....and when that station closed I used Lead substitute for maybe part of one summer....then I started mixing 108 octane leaded racing gas with premium no-lead about two parts no-lead and one part race gas.....and that little K241 rebuild has over 1400 hours on it....been to several plow days, pulls My lawn vac over two acres every fall that weighs over a TON loaded while running the mower deck.....Last fall I ran that tractor 14 hours straight pulling that vac and I bet that engine didn't burn over 3 oz. of oil. Only time the engine stopped was when I ran out of gas. Head has NEVER been off the engine since I installed it in 1985. The engine could blow up tomorrow but it really doesn't owe Me much. Yes it's true these little Kohlers don't have a high compression ratio but they run very hot when under load....and if they happen to run a bit lean it gets very hard on parts in a hurry. I'm pretty fussy on maintainence, That engine has had the oil changed every 30 hours it's entire life. I'm planning on rebuilding it in the next year or two....I'm really interested in what things will look like....it's still at a standard bore...I didn't replace the piston when I rebuilt it! Just new rings, rod, & grind the valves.
Oh, and last night I got an hour of Seat Time on the Super H pushing snow....I really need to get the blade & chains on that tractor. That thin layer of snow left after I cleaned the drive got slick and I could spin both rear tires 5-6 MPH forward while sliding backwards!

Hey guys,I cant get hanks book of the snow pics but maybe I can get it with the smallest original with a turning plow"lol". kenny m.
49928.jpg

Sorry digger Im trying to not get into trouble so im posting one at a time,lol.
49934.jpg

This is the last one,it kinda puts it into perspective. kenny m.
49937.jpg

Ken M.
I bought one of those kits a couple years ago and have yet to get it done!
Do you have any CLOSE UPS?
It looks pretty dang nice.
beerchug.gif

Ken, Charlie, I have one of those kits too! Mine is still in the package, haven't even opened it up for a closer look. Nice job Ken, on both the tiny Original and the full size Original! How did you make the turning plow? How come no decals on the full size Original?
dunno.gif

Dennis, I've been using 100LL since 1993 and I've had great results with it. It was nice a few years ago the price usually stayed the same for at least a year at a time and when car gas started going thru the roof you could still buy avgas for the regular price. I have a blown big block Chevy that I'll mix avgas with unleaded premium sometimes for the street. C12 racing fuel is too pricey just for crusin'. I have adjustable boost retard on it so I can go as low as 91 octane car gas.

Digger,I will try to get you a couple close ups im not very good on my kodak yet,about the same as my computer skills"lol"I made the turning plow out of a piece of scrap metal that the parts were attached to,I needed a magnifying glass but the kids lost it now my head hurts,not as much as your arm I bet?It may take me awhile but I will get back with you. kenny m.

I keep getting other projects in the way of my stickers,going to put them on the top of my long list though. kenny m.

Ken, most digital cameras have a close up mode which may also be called a "macro" setting. The button or setting usually uses a flower icon like this:

49939.gif

ALL, sorry for that W I D E photo at the bottom of the page. I thought I had it resized smaller but I must have posted the original version of it. My monitor is a 21" so I did not notice that I goofed until a few minutes ago.

Kraig - yer wearin my mouse out having to scroll a 1/4" on my 19" wide screen !
A light dusting of snow on the deck, hadta kick my boots into 2 feet drive !

No pics Charlie but I'll do my part!

Sorry KENtucky, I owe you a new mouse, how's this one?

49943.jpg

Back