• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Terry, while looking for different versions of cab mounting photos I found the photo of mine that I wanted to post but couldn't find. I'll keep looking through my archives for other mounting setups.

49893.jpg

Terry, did it mount like the windbreaker cab on this Original?

49895.jpg

49896.jpg

49897.jpg

Kraig, That's the one. The key differnce is the bracket that attaches to the steering column. The other difference of course were the brackets that hold up the top and the back curtain.
Terry,

Mike Reed,
Thanks!!! My machine shop told me today the bore was the early 7HP (2.875) Will the block bore to the 8 Hp size of 2.938 ? I also am wondering if I get a 8 HP crank & rod could I go that route & make a 8 HP out of it?
G.L.

That reminds me!
I don't remember seeing any pics of guys removing the snow that just fell.
Does no one want Hank's book? Or am I gonna have to post a pic of me shoveling snow one handed to win a book?

Hey, I just got my first Cub 147 and now have an extreme case of yellow fever. I do have a simple question about what kind of fuel should I run in my stock 1970 kohler engine. Someone told me I should be running leaded fuel but I cant find any arround here. Thanks!

Wife took camera to the store no picks to night. Had the 106 out with the blade and the 147 with the thrower only had two problems. Front tire going down and the choke cable stuck . We had 4" of snow not to bad for a start. Would the best thing to do is to pull the cable and greese it or does some body have a better fix. A tube will fix the tire broblem but had fun.

Zach S.
If you run it in your car, run it in your Cub. unless you drive a diesel,LOL
Get some MMO and add it to the gas and your good to go.

G.L, I have confirmed what I told you before from another website. The late K161's were the same bore as a K181 with the K181 having a longer stroke. So you should be able to get a K181 piston for whatever size you need and get a rod for a k161. A guy on a well known auction site (email me for more info) sells complete rebuild kits for k181's for about $80 and they are the good stens kits. Then you would only need to find the rod. The guys at the machine shop should be able to help you also. Go here for more Kohler info http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/kohlcub.htm

Good luck.
Mike.

I have lercked arround and saw people talking about MMO, what is MMO exactly? I picked up some leaded aircraft fuel that is 110 octane. Should I not run this now that I have run the unleaded? Thankyou!

Zach,
I wouldn't if it were mine.
If I knew how to make MMO or knew what was in it, you think I would be here answering your questions?
biggrin.gif

Oh Yeah, the Kirk Engines server is down, found that out myself earlier...

Charlie:
I got the MMO mystery figured out - it's turtle oil. I just checked their website.. The last of the "mystique" is gone too - they're now selling it in plastic bottles and jugs - just another snake oil product now. (Glad I've still got at least one of the tin pint cans - I'd probably have to buy one on e-pay just for nostaligia).. My dad was a Ford mechanic in the heyday of the Y-Blocks - can't count the number of MMO top end oiler kits he put on in the day..

We ducked the worst of the ice and snow - we've been getting a little snow all day - twenty five miles south, they say there's 20 -25 thousand homes w/o power. I actually took the 129 out and scraped a little snow this morning - took turf off the lawn too (no frost in the ground)..

Glen,
There's nothing wrong with the Kirk Engines site.
Check your settings to make sure your puter will let you view it, especially if your using Netscape or Firefox.

lucky me! the idler spring broke while i was trying to take to bolt off my deck. Owell just some more money out of my wallet. Tomorrow ill call my dealer to get a price
bash.gif

Zach:
Digger is right!!!!
Take it from NHRA's former fuel analysist, don't put that High Octane Fuel in you cub unless you want to practice rebuilding Kohler's.

Go to your local airport with a jug and buy 100LL avgas, it's blue. The green 114 would be bad because of the high lead content. The red 80 also has a high lead content. 100LL avgas isn't that high of an octane, aviation gas is rated on a different scale than car gas. It is designed to be used in air-cooled aircraft engines that have usually no more than 9 to 1 compression ratio. We use it in all our small engines, weedwackers, chainsaws, antique tractors, etc.
You can leave it set without adding stabil and it won't varnish everything up. My small engines can set a year and start on the second pull. Have at least a couple hundred hours on a K301 using it and took the head off this winter, looks fine.

Back