• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 14, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amy - just plan to split the tractor. Sounds like it must just be easier.

Ok so it seems splitting the tractor is the method to use. I wasn't going to hang it like a side of beef, lol . I have a motorcycle lift that I was going to use to get it raised up enough to work under it. I wasn't really sure if it had to be separated or not that's why I asked. I actually have a few other things to do on the tractor when I do this so that's why i'm trying to get as much info as I can now so when I start the project i'll somewhat know how to do it.

Amy, the responses to your question took me back to my first Cub Cadet - a 105 almost 17 years ago. I'd heard a story about someone towing a Cub Cadet to try to get it running, then I saw it for sale for $50. I bought it, brought it home, and got it started. It wouldn't move, but it ran. Being totally clueless, I tackled the problem the best way I knew at the time (no computer). I split it (just like it was a REAL tractor) and was hooked! Today, I'd know about the pressure relief valves (stuck down, and probably saved it from damage done towing it behind a pickup on a tarred road). Split the sucker - you'll appreciate it that much more when you're done.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 103
Amy - one other thing I just remembered (and think I told this story before but I'll repeat it here). I believe the 1st Creeper I installed was on a wide frame and awhole lot easier - didn't split the tractor. I'm certain I read thru the manual instructions but didn't go step by step and have the instructions beside me as I did it. I got it all installed and knew I had to fill it with fluid to the level of the plug on the side. Well I was able to unscrew that side plug and was trying to figure out how I could get the fluid in thru that little hole. I tried a bent straw and spilled fluid all over. Then something struck me that I should probably read thru the instructions again - and there it was - remove the breather and fill to the level of the side plug.
So - I should have taken Lew's advice below and read thru the instructions again before I made real recommendations to you.
Make sure you plan on taking a whole day to do this. Since it's your first time it will take some figuring out.

So this rash of PTO fubar's got my brain gears turning because I knew that I had seen that same crap years ago, and sure enough, I had, LOL
Jim S., had done the same thing and posted a pic of his tractor back on April 04, 2002.
301602.jpg

Attachments

• 301602.jpg
    301602.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 301602.jpg
    301602.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 102
LMAO! Well, if 'ol Jimmy did it that way, then it MUST be correct!
whistling.gif

Attachments

• whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 111
I was just having the same thought.....makes me want to cut 12" grass in 2nd gear too!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Ahhhhh....the good old days.........
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 108
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 101
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 102
Hydro, because it's a worker not a trailer queen. Also, I didn't feel like painting the bolts and the spring sat forgotten in a drawer until I went to assemble it and didn't want to delay a day or two to clean it up and paint it.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
Does anyone know if a cub cadet 102 starter generator run lights and a linear actuator and still charge battery enough

Brady, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Providing the Starter/Generator is charging properly it should have no problem running the standard 35 watt headlights lights, taillights and an electric lift. Now if you install some 150 watt off road KC Daylighters all bets are off.
happy.gif

Attachments

• WELCOME.gif
    WELCOME.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 98
  • groupwave.gif
    groupwave.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 106
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 107

Latest posts