• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, have been getting some sleet here in Kansas today. Forecast calls for 3-5 inches of sleet and snow tonight so may get some seat time tomorrow! Yippee.

Roland Bendlin......they look great on the fiberglass, any little mark will show through, so make sure it's smooth and clean.....presumed you just painted it...

On the rebuild, took balance gears OUT. Did not reinstall. He did match up the primary timing mark on the crank with the timing mark on the cam shaft. Should there be another timing mark on the crankshaft Gear?

Lyle B., Could the flywheel key have slipped out of the grove and the flywheel slipped on the crankshaft? You could check it with a timing light on the timing mark.

Hey Guys, how do I raise the idle rpm on my 100??? It seems to stall out when the throttle is all the way down

lookie what we got today ONLY ABOUT 1/2 INCH ...But it was sure fun to play in .
49794.jpg

49795.jpg

49796.jpg

Ken,
North-Central MD was right on the border of the monster snowfalls you talked about. Down in Glen Burnie, just south of Baltimore, there was primarily a 3 inch thick ice sheet over everything. About 20 miles up the road in Hanover, PA, they had 3 feet of snow on the ground, and in Reading, some of the larger drifts hung around until almost May. At least you could move snow with a front end loader, the stuff around me just congealed. The State and County highway departments ran out of salt, and were forced to use sand and cinders even on the Interstates. My neighbor spread hay and manure on the glacier to get traction on the ice.

I remember one day when the ground temperature was about 17 degrees, but we had about 3 inches of a mixture of freezing rain and sleet overnight, which hadn't been cleared and was congealing fast. When I turned onto my side road off MD 30 about 2 miles from my house, I already had the chains on my F-150, and blasted my way towards Boring at a forward speed of 15 to 20 MPH, but was spinning my wheels at about 35 or so under power, I dared not stop. I could smell cooked transmission fluid by the time I got home, and sure enough, I had to put a torque converter in it the following spring.

I was also nursing a torn ACL that winter, it wasn't fun.

Lyle - kinda sounds like wrong flywheel too. I bought an engine once to put on a push mower, it had a shake that would shake the paint off at a certain speed.

2 days of "saying" heavy rain ... not a drop here! and it's 62º. Man I wish I was fishin!!

Ken- It ran ok before the "rebuild", just smoked like a freight train.

Did any cooling fins get broke off after the tear down ? It's either the flywheel or those missing balance gears and they say it'll run about as smooth without those as with.

Another thing, if you sent the crank to get turned, spin the flywheel by hand and see if there's a wobble in the end of the crank (flywheel wooble) it may have been dropped. As for previously mentioned about the key being sheared, I've done that several times but it didn't shake bad, just slipped and gawled a little.

Let's step back in time a few days. Something has been bugging the hell out of me! To the guy (I'm not looking back to see who) that said his AMMETER was pegged out when he started the engine. I told you to leave it alone, it was working. Somebody else told you how to adjust your regulator. Now the part that's bugging me ... nobody (including myself although I was thinking of doing it) asked you IF it fell back to a normal charge after the engine ran a while. If it takes a lot of cranking or if your battery is getting old or low on water/acid that would be expected. My 127 does that and the battery is 8 years old.

My Ammeter pegs when I turn on my electric fan heater defroster in my cab.
buttrock.gif

Evnin boys,,,i'm lookin at gettin a 102 but it doesn't have a deck. Whats the chance i can use the deck off my 129 ?

thanks
Bren

Ken it was me , i have a new battery a big one had to move the tank ahead so it would fit. havent had the old 147 running long enough to see at full throutle the guage starts to jump ,than at idle goes to peged out again .

Brendan, I'm guessing that you will need a narrow carriage to mount that WF mower to your NF tractor.

Brendan - what Mitch said plus I think the deck hangers are different best I remember, I got rid of my 129 deck w/o hanging it underneath.
As a side note: strange as it seems when I put my 122 deck under the 127 I had to change the mule drive and hanger too.

Jim - that's odd. Usually though a regulator will never need re-adjusted. I just wanted to clear up what had been bothering me about if the rate of charge went down after it ran a while. No sense fixing what doesn't need fixin'. ;)

Jim one more thing, if that's a new battery has it been fully charged on a charger? Trying to hit all bases ...

Back