• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwsmith

displayname
glen smith
Trever....I have a few parts cubs for parts like that, and extra rims. I am in Chatham, Ontario, "Home of Canada's IH Plant", ....getting some ice rain today....

hey guys are these two top pulleys interchangeable?

49778.jpg

49779.jpg

News flash!!! We have piower again after about 12 hours. Two nice oak trees broken doun from the ise load and it is still freezing rain. Seems that the cub blade will push all the small branches into piles later for cleanup
Yes,more is on the way! It's ok though, the governer is already here and we are all safe now
biggrin.gif

Does anyone have a quick an easy way to add weight to a narrow frame????

Right on Glen! I pass through there from time to time.... Any parts you have, let me know....it's IMPOSSIBLE to get parts in Quebec!

We have no snow here either, but on wedesday, it's supposed to be -40 with the windchill.... nice day to be out splicing fiber optics for me. Uugh.

Jerry,
I remember (not so fondly) the winter of 1993 into 1994 here in Maryland, when a series of freezing rain, sleet, and snow events turned the roads and everyone's driveways into a glacier nearly a foot thick. Once a couple inches of the stuff accumulates, there isn't much you can do short of a flamethrower or dynamite for the real thick stuff but wait until Spring. If this is the case, I would just "pave the glacier" like I did by shoveling liberal amounts of sand, rock dust, cinders, etc onto the ice. Dark colored abrasives will also help catch the suns rays, and speed melting as well.

If the ice is soft and less than an inch or two thick, you can try driving over it repeatedly with tire chains on a tractor or pickup, and shovel away any broken ice, but that is pretty hard work.

Jeff,

No, they won't work correctly if swapped. The 44/50 pulley has a much smaller bottom pulley due to the equal length blades on the deck.

It might "fit", but it won't "work".

Bobby B:

The 1282 has the drive train of a 1250 in a 82 series frame. Nice Tractor. If I found one in my neighborhood, I would look into one.

I'm going to install a new dash decal to my 129, my question is this----should I overlay to the existing aluminun decal or discard that and go directly to the fiberglass? Anybody have experience there?

ok since it won't work, do you know what a new top pulley that is 3/8 would cost?

Hey guys, anyone know where i can get new light bulbs for my 100???

Just got my 149 decal set from Binder Books today, thanks Charlie for kickin me to remenber em... rainy off and on today here in MD. ,but I managed to chip up a limb that fell for some reason today, then the battery dies, and I'n stuck in the woods, so I had to jump it with my trusty MTD... the tractors are friends, so I guess the MTD wanted to help it...

Bob F:

49785.jpg

Available at your local CC dealer, Auto Parts or Farm Ag type Stores.

Thomas - 2 sheaves are needed , ya got 1 looks like, it also need a tensioner bolt for the belt. I think ya have the rest. IF nobody else helps ya I'll see if I can crawl back to the house later and get my cub cds.

Jerry - we know what ya been doing during the power outage ;) Don't spill any
happy.gif

MTD topic in the IH forum section ... shame shame

Bruce - during that blizzard I had snow over the top of my 1-ton truck hood!

Ronald - myself I'd take off the aluminum BUT I'm not sure about that without seeing mine again. So just disregard my opinon...pain pills kicked in but I got my Toyota frame rebuild pieces cut / ground finally !!!

Bob - some lights can't be got anymore and some can CHECK THE PRETTY BOXES AT THE TOP !! Sponsors pay the light bill ;)

BIL just rebuilt his 129. Reworked all with the valves, new carb.,rings removed balancing gears, installed new gov gear. Put all back together, started right up.Could not set carb (Kohler)to idle and gov will not respond.Motor is shaking like something out of balance, BAD.Will slow down on the shaking 30-40 seconds then start shaking again.He also removed balance gears. Now what?? Reason? Solution?
dunno.gif

Those hateful balance gears have a RIGHT way to go in - not just PUT in. Sounds like that's the problem.

oops you said he removed them ... maybe put'em back in ? Is it running way over the rpm range without the gov working ?

Back