• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be off topic on this page, but just for fun go over to youtube and type in COMPACT DIESELS. I think all our "SMOKER GUYS" will get a charg outta' it. You know how they are about Diesels across the pond. My fellow German (I think) brothers are having some <font size="+1">BIG</font> fun with <font size="-2">SMALL</font> tractors. Some of those tractor look like the 1X8-1X9 skins on them.

William - Welcome aboard. Many here think that vintage of CC is the best ever made. Well, O-K, maybe only two of US.
Slant%20Tongue.gif
That vintage tractor started in production at serial # 218010 in Nov. '67 and stopped at ser. # 306085 in August '69. On the rear of Your tractor, just to the left of the triangular hitch plate there should be a black tag with silver lettering maybe an inch wide and close to three inches tall, it's held on with two small rivets. There's a stamped number on that tag, That's Your serial number. Tractors ran out of production in random order but serial numbers were consecutive. The number ahead and behind Your tractor's number could be different models. There's a list of monthly first or last serial numbers on this site in the FAQ's, #10. That's as close as We can get to telling when Your tractor was built.

Denny,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Many here think that vintage of CC is the best ever made. Well, O-K, maybe only two of US.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Yep, you and me!
roflol.gif

112984.jpg

Art,
draw.gif

well the tag is a bit damaged, but it appears to read " Sxx072". I assume the "S" is a 5,and the xx are not legible. The tractor is in real great shape. Even got a snow plow and chains for the 2 bills. Only thing it needs is the clutch for the PTO.The bearing is snapped in two inside the clutch. The kid told me it was broke when he got it,put a new one in and it broke. Any ideas?

The wife jinxed us by saying "Watch us get a big snowstorm after your surgery". Now we are supposed to get 5 to 10 inches of snow! I told her I could show her how to run the 106 and the plow, which she readily declined! Silly girl!
clappy.gif
roflol.gif

Kraiq. i think there are a few 125 up here ,lol here is a picture after it made it home, and now that i have 1 its hard to part with a CUB. i like em all! later Don T
old.gif

112987.jpg

Jim Spence loves a 125

Hello all,

I have an engine Spec Number question for you. I can't read the last digit on my 149's Kohler K321A. The Spec No. I can read is 60166 but what is the last number or letter? I can't make it out. Are Spec Numbers the same for this type motor in these tractors with this motor?

112990.gif

Kenneth

Evening gentelmen,

William welcome sir!!

Well I got an email this morning from the people who have the 70 they are giving away.Its mine!!!All day long Ive been excited about going down to pick it up.If all goes well Ill go down sunday after church,its about a 2 hour drive down by the beach.
This reminds me of when I was a Kid waiting for Christmas!!!
clappy.gif
I cant wait and am wondering what it will look like,have on it, Ect.The guy with the 122 contacted me back also and Im suposed to go down and pick that one up in the begining of Feb.

Scott Glad to here your doing good.And glad to hear the surgery went well.

GOOD EVENING FELLOW CUBBIES!- lots of snow comming down. do they have tire chains for the narrow rear wheel tires for my cubbie? any idea on the 2-link,new or used-the cost? we are not pushing too good with out them. 71 running very good and starts well in this cold weather.

First Plow report:
Cub started-after a bit of coaxing-seems if you start it once a week it starts fine,sits longer- its a process. ran a bit rich after starting but cleared up.
2.REPLACE HEADLIGHTS! my back running lights work,headlights both cracked-no work. ahh they be important on dark street.
3.kept kicking out lift rod from lift handle with my big feet. gotta drill hole in it and pin it.
neighbor couple doors down was out with his 916 Allis Chalmers- that is a cool little beast-factory hydro,hydro lift,mech linkage to let you change blade angle from seat. dam. and he got it for F-R-E-E. double dam. PO wanted to throw it out cause battery was dead. oh man.
BUT Cubbie did plow what little snow I got so far no problem,traction no problem never spun.I actually was plowing what street plow built up on road side-just to get some deeper thicker snow. never stopped or slowed.
bubbly.gif

hmmm gotta make a snoplow smilie.

Hello
1 Question, will the rims,both front and rear,from a 123 fit a 70??

I would like to bring a set down the hill.I haven a clue what the 70 looks like,if the tires have air,ect.Dont know where it sits around the house,and how far it will have to be moved.I dont know how well my Son and I could drag it!
Thanks Jason

Lucas, I restored my 149 before I became a member of this forum......so I didn't know about the "not painting the head or carb" thing. So I did and never have had any problems. I mow and I plow the garden (and the neighbor's garden) and never had any problems. I painted the whole engine and the carb, but the paint on the head has kind of gone by the wayside. Either way, no problems and still looking good. Nick

By harry miler (Hwmiller) use a fuel peservative and if setting a long time lean idle jet. Just my .02 lol later Don T

Snuck out in the dark and fired up my 106 just to hear it run. Noticed sparking coming from muffler. Would that be timing or fuel mixture?

Does anyone have any literature on the set up of the Implement Handle Helper Spring (Spring Assist)?

I have been thinking about the spring operation. Is the spring set up to give a certain amount of assist at a single operating point (say XX #'s of assist at the standard operating height). Then, does the amount of assist go to zero as the implement is raised? Or, is the spring set up to give assist throughout the entire range of lift, so that the spring is still in tension and providing tension at the maximum lift position?

Just curious at this point.
1a_scratchhead.gif

If you look at the IH pictures of the Cub Cadet assembly lines that have been printed in the some of the books on Cub Cadets, you will notice that they painted the engine after it was assembled......carb, fins, head, and all.

Jason D.
The 123 wheels will fit the 70.

I picked up a new seal for the shaft of my narrow frame hydraulics pump today.
<font size="-2">Actually, this thing is so small it's more like a "glorified O-ring"!</font>

112998.jpg

Does anybody have any installation tips? I thought I remember reading about some guys installing two seals to keep it from leaking?

<font size="-2">I bought an extra, just in case...</font>
wink.gif

Don Tanner,
Too bad about you garage .If I were closer Id do it for a lot less than 3000.
I like 125's too,I have two

113001.jpg

Back