Archive through January 09, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art,

When I rebuilt mine several years ago for the 126 I used 2. Geezer was the one that recommended this I believe. I think mostly because the shaft tends to get worn a little and the seals are slightly different than original. I just pushed the first one in with a socket the right size and then installed the second one.

Ken F. The operators manual for a #1 (rear mount) tiller mentions how to install the assist assembly,but doesn't tell how to set it. "Adjust to suit" is probably the recomendation. There is always some tension on the spring,not much with a mower deck which lifts easily a lot more with the frt mounted snow thrower which is fairly heavy or the #1 rear mount tiller which is really heavy especially with both extensions. The main thing is that the attachment will stay down on its own with the lift handle in the "float" mode,such as with the mower deck or snow thrower. Each different attachment will probably require readjusting the spring. Keep the adjusting bolt greased and adjustment is easy with a socket and extension.

RISE AND SHINE FELLOW CUBBIES!!! snow is still falling....must be 6-8" on ground over night. goign to start IH 71 cubbie, going to make a pair of extension braces for the sub-frame of snow blade.prefered over using the mower mounting bracket...[dont want to bend up].

Bring on the snow! We only got about 2 inches overnight, but they are calling for 6 - 10 till Sunday morning. I put the snowthrower on the 147 and the blade on the 122 last night. I'm kinda torn on which to use. I'd like to see how the snowthrower does since I painted it with graphite paint. We were planning to go to the opening of the PA Farm Show today to watch the PA High School Rodeo finals. Decisions, decisions!

Bruce

Kraig, Denny. Love the grille, but, it needs round fenders! :cool:
Scott S. Glad to hear you're feeling better than expected. Wishing you well!
Art A., I'm thinking about overhauling my Narrow Frame hydro pump, have you considered a write up \ how to?? Since you there doing it I'd love to learn from your experience!

Mike

Anyone missing a horse? If you are it was here last night kicking me in the lower abdomen area!!!!
clappy.gif

We are supposed to get 5-10 inches of snow today and tonight. I'm trying to talk my wife into using the cub, but she insists that she needs to lose some pounds! I really want to do it but alas I cannot move all that well and dont really feel like moving alot!!

Good Morning All.

Scott S. Nope. No missing horse reports in this area. However there was an eighty-three year young woman recently ran over by a deer in the Des Moines area.

Kraig and Dennis. I love my 125. First model Cub I ever owned. It's my favorite mowing and snow removal tractor. I do have another 125 roller that I will be bringing home when the snow melts. I won't be keeping it though. Too many other projects. (Maybe I can hide it though.) Of course I'd be hard pressed to part with any of the Cubs.

Lucas H. Nice looking "O" there.

It looks like the 1-2" that we were supposed to get either drifted or is actually 3-4". I plugged the "D" in and after while will fire up the 125.

I am planning of restoring my Original Cub.
My plan is to break it down completely and POWDER COAT everything. I have a friend that does power coating and will do the whole tractor for $100 if I prep everything, buy the powder and all he has to do is acid wash, powder and bake. This leads me to some questions.
I'd like to sandblast everything but, I don't own a sandblaster and my pancake air compressor doesn't stand a chance of keeping up with demand. Anybody know what it should cost to that all the parts to a media blaster and have this part done?
Second how much powder do you think I would need in Cub yellow and Cub white/almond? Anyone have a SOURCE for the correct colors in the POWDER?
Third is there any parts that are not available, ie rubber stuff, that the baking process will destroy and I won't be able to find again?
Thanks for your help

Everytime I saw Kraig post that picture of the 125 I knew some thing was wrong,

113009.jpg

Then last night I figured it out. I see he was running two pictures together. I think I got it straightened out.

113010.jpg

113011.jpg

Latest posts

Back