• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the subject of E85 blend...

There is a good side to E85. It has an octane rating of around 105. It's an excellent performance fuel for modified, "high compression" Kohlers. With adjustable low and high speed jets, it's easy to tweak the carb to compensate for the 15-20% increase in fuel flow this fuel requires. Thus, don't look for improvements in fuel economy.

A couple of issues ago, Hot Rod magazine ran an excellent article on using E85 in hi-perf engines.

Here's my can collection.
75237.jpg

I was wondering what #carb is on my K301. Carter model N is in raised letters on the outside of the body. With the choke plate open there is "26" at the top of the throttle bore inline under the top screw hole for the air cleaner housing. Does that make mine a #26 carb? If so is this the correct carb for my K301A Ser# C 018559 Spec# 4763B?

Sorry no pics, my cam is cheap and not too good for the closeups
confused.gif

I think you guys may have missed something else wrong with that 100. On the cast end decks, the belt guard did not sit on top of the raised discharge area, it sat behind it. I am sure Kraig will correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you CC Specialties for the special parts I needed. Great packaging Charlie! Fast too! All I need now is more snow.

I am calling out all of you who say E85 is bad for carbs. It's bunk, Your wrong. End of story.

Been running it for a couple of years. Dad runs it in his 'Cuda and has been since it arrived in town 3 years ago.

I use it to clean old carbs from old motors. It eats all of the varnish and other junk out, but the carbs work like champs when I put them back on.

Sorry guys, no sale here.

Todd H.
Yes that's a #26 Carb.
Dunno on the spec stuff though.

Wes H.
We'll excuse ya on that one since it's so late and your tired.
thumbsup.gif

75258.jpg

Thomas B.
Fast! I'm thinkin not, I was a day late in gettin it sent out.
sad.gif

Thanks Charlie, what is the diff between carb #s. Throttle bore size?

Todd,
I do know that a Cub with a #30 carb on it sucks gas like there no tomorrow!
I rebuild'um, put'um on, they run and that's all I care about.
biggrin.gif

Good deal Charlie, as long as they run good who cares I agree. Just trying to stir up some posts, seems like a slow night.

Gear box question: are the gear boxes used for the tillers the same as the ones used on the show throwers? I have a tiller with no gear box and was wondering if one off of a snow thrower would work. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back