• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little ribbin' among friends
happy.gif

My 129 had corrosion in the bowl under the bottom bolt and would leak there. Wouldn't stop untill the bowl got replaced.

Bren

Carey, the "dirt" could be in the carb body not the needle/seat.

75223.jpg

75224.jpg

Brendan,

I replaced the float and the bowl when the carb was leaking last fall... Fixed the problem till last week...then it was the same salami...LLAF (leak like a ******)

Carey

Is you fuel line new, I have had rubber line break up on the inside on send particles into the needle + seat area.

Make sure the bowl retaining gasket is on the outside not the inside.
whistling.gif

Pops

I usually leave the "baffle" gasket out, I've had floats get hung up on them.

They don't like sediments either ... or is this my coffee water ...
Remember to remove and wash out tanks on old newly bought cubs.
75234.jpg

Carey,
Last year I had the same thing happen to me with the carb. I did everything by the book, new needle and seat, gaskets and set everything like it should be. It still leaked. I decided that day was going to be spent figuring it out, start from scratch again.
I put some gas in a coffee can, set the float in it and it went straight to the bottom. Ah-ha this is a sinker.
A new float fixed it.
David

Guys
a couple of times I have had to reshape the bottom
of the bowl where the nut was it seemed that after time or multiple taking offs it would get a little bent in towards the jet making the bowl just not tight enough to seal against the new gasket I also had a bowl go bad last year would only drip when running after two replaced gaskets I found a micro hole in the bowl looks like it rotted threw the aluminum

well i got car problems on my #30. the main neddle bore is off line and the neede contacts the side of the jet. i will need a new carb this one is drilled off line DonT

Ken-
FWIW I've got a jar of E85 with a carb kit and fuel line ferrules soaking, there has been no swelling, hardening, softening, cracking, etc of the parts. The jar has been sitting sice August.

I also believe Kohler has put out a service bulletin dictating that this is OK (but some OEM Kohler users still reject this information)

Gotta agree with Kentuck, no E85 getting into any of my engines.

"Gotta agree with Kentuck, no E85 getting into any of my engines."

Good luck on that, because they are putting it in a lot of gas without letting you know. I just read an article about this in the Midwest somewhere.

Something to think about My son who is the chief mechanic for a large 10 store M/C dealership told me that everybody is having problems with the fuel in this State the carbs are getting screwed up. I bought a new snowblower three years ago and had to replace the carb already(last year)I went to take the bolt out of the bottom of the bowl and it broke took the carb off for a cleaning and as I was taking it apart every screw broke. I now go over the State line and buy all my tractor and mower gas there. I'm not sure what the blend is but buying carbs every couple of years gets expensive plus the State lines is five minutes away

There is some truth to that, soft metals such as brass, aluminum, and copper become an anode in pure ethanol. There are additive packages to prevent this, though the use of said additive packages are spotty.

Light nickel plating and anodizing of aluminum prevents failures from leaching. Ethanol by itself can lightly corrode aluminum, the damage is done by ethanol that has absorbed water, increasing the galvanic process.

Since I got so much good help with my governor re-assembly, I thought I'd post a couple of pics of the (nearly) completed K161s.

your_image.gif

Either way gas is junk thesedays!
I was planning on some sandblasting for the 128 tonight, but the dang rain moved in

Patrick, I'm in Lanesboro. Do you go up to Pownal for gas? Slightly cheaper too! Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Back